MAJOR CONFUSED!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Get a heart monitor and give you calories. The machines and MFP are just giving you an estimate.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Invest in a HRM..

Yep. What they said.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to get a personal device to measure your calorie consumption, i.e., a heart rate monitor, a Bodybugg, a Fitbit, etc., etc., etc. Then you will know precisely what you are burning. Try a search on the topic!

What she said. I used a Fitbit until I put three of them through the washer. At $100 a piece, I decided to try something that I'd be less likely to forget. I now use a BodyMedia FIT (they make the BodyBugg as well and they are essentially the same device). Both of these devices show A LOT less calories burned than MFP's calculations; often less than half! I wouldn't use the MFP numbers--if I didn't want to buy a monitor of some kind, I'd use the numbers from the machine at the gym.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is not an advertisement and I have never used one, but I ran across this "deal" today and immediately thought of this thread. If it works as advertised, for $24 you can't go wrong to monitor heart rate and calories. Here is a link: http://b71b898d-3923-491d-ab46-e0da5086f11d.kgbdeals.com/?id=72263 Good luck, and if you purchase, do tell how it works!
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have personally tried many HR/CAL Monitors and by far hands down Polar is the best. It is a little $$ but worth every penny. It's your heart that is more important here. If your doing any kind of aerobic or anaerobic you need to make sure your not exceeding your max heart rate. It is also accurate calorically. Best of luck in your journey!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much all for your advice and thank you fitnessbug for the link, however i'm in the UK... i will get searching on ebay for something similar!

Thanks so much again!!