Couch to 5k

Options

Replies

• laurief1212
    laurief1212 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing program. It will be 3 years in April that my friend and I started it and I have ran quite a few 5k's, 10k's and I am running my 3rd half marathon in May. I am also gearing towards running a full marathon in October. This is a great program. I say anyone that says they can't run I don't believe. I ran a little in middle school and that was it (many years ago). I always wanted to run but never made the time. I can't say enough about this program. WONDERFUL PROGRAM. Can't wait to see your progress!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Btw, running outside is way more fun than running on a treadmill, IMO. I bought myself an elipse machine to use on the days it was too cold to run and it was sooooo boring. I'd rather bundle up and brave the cold. But I did C25K with a long distance friend and she only used the treadmill and did just fine on the program.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 1 and I think it's awesome! I use the "ease into 5k" app for android and it's perfect because you can listen to Pandora or your own playlist and just hear a voic that tells you when it's time to switch between running and walking. Feel free to add me as a friend...I'm new to this site so on the lookout for new friends...the more support we can give each other the better! Good luck :)
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do a 5K with my daughter in May so I gotta get ready for it.
    I think I will start the c25k today instead of the elliptical and see how it goes.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, they've changed the app on iTunes. The creators have changed the name to Ease into 5K, formually C25K. They did an update around the first of Jan. It changed the run times slightly and actually made it more "do-able" If you are already in the middle of the old program you can finish, at least that is how it was a few weeks ago.
    I love it! I'm not rushing to finish and will repeat a week if I need to. Happy running! :)
  • xoxsparksfly
    Options
    I've always wanted to run a marathon. Is there other programs after couch to 5k that could help me continue training for a marathon? I'm hoping by next April I'll be ready to run the Boston Marathon.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 today! I have never ran a mile without stopping, and today I will run 6 minutes without stopping. I am so excited to finish this program. I don't love to run yet, but I love seeing my progress. I use the iPhone app w/ gps and it's great.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to run a marathon. Is there other programs after couch to 5k that could help me continue training for a marathon? I'm hoping by next April I'll be ready to run the Boston Marathon.

google Hal Higdon or Jeff Galloway
  • edsaws
    edsaws Posts: 13
    Options
    It works did it a couple years ago need to start again. I downloaded these podcast into the mp3 player helped me last time will do them again. Good Luck. Here the link http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm
  • KellieST
    KellieST Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and I also don't love running yet but I'm hoping to get there. I downloaded the app to my Kindle and just look up the program each week and do it that way. I'm looking forward to doing a 5K in March!
  • Ihateplanks77
    Options
    Sounds like a good program but I loathe running. Do they have a program for fitness walking?
  • imthemama060811
    imthemama060811 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this in the Spring, way too cold for me outside to do it now.. Right now I am doing the 30ds then probably do the ripped in 30, get done just in time to do the couch to 5k.. cant wait.. love how i am doing all this before bikini season.. =).. Good Luck!!
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do it but I've only completed week 1. It's hard but I've heard great things and it's doable!. Every time I do it I think I'm not going to be able to get through it but I do.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did the first day today, but don't tell my wife. We're "starting" it together tomorrow. :)
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 4 Day 1 tonight. I absolutely love the program and the results I'm feeling are great!
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm using an app called Couch to 5k. My first week was 60 seconds run and 90 walk but my sister has one called Ease into 5k that the first week was 30 sec run, 45 walk, 45 sec run, 60 walk, 60 run and 90 walk repeat 3 times.

I am on Week 3 Day 3 and I love it.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I started doing C25K in November of 2011 probably. I didn't finish but i did about 3 weeks before my treadmill broke. I think it gives you a really good base, its the perfect plan for someone who has literally never run. I say it gives you a good base because after almost 2 months of no running I was in shape enough to go out and run almost 6k this month (no stopping). I think the plan is really great. In three weeks I had gone from only being able to run like 2 mins on 4 to being able to do 10mins running on 4.5 or something and now Im running 5k in about 35 minutes. I really recommend it - a lot of my mfp friends have seen good results.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • terirocks
    Options
    My husband and I both used it and it worked great!! Just stick with the program and you'll get through it!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I trying to from couch to 1 mile to start. I have bad knees and I think starting something like this once the weather breaks will be good for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!