Insanity?

Options
Is it possible to figure up an average of what calories are burnt doing the Insanity workouts and have it added to the exercise database or is it too difficult because everyone is different? Would love to be able to add that to my exercise log. The closest thing Ive been adding is running at 6.5 mph for 45 minutes cause thats what Insanity feels like lol. Would anyone else like to see Insanity added to the exercises?

Replies

• en4cerd43
    en4cerd43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It would be impossible to get a true gauge of your calorie burn without a heart rate monitor. If you want something close, go with aerobics, vigorous effort.
  • Modmomma79
    Options
    I agree w/the previous poster. I've been using the high impact aerobics until I find a HRM. :smile:
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How much are HRMs going for these days?
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got my HRM on sale from Target a few months ago for $60. It's the New Balance N4 and it works like a charm. They had a few others there, as well, but you can also get them on Amazon.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 off amazon for $60. I burn around 650 cals doing 40 minutes of Insanity!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also doing insanity and I currently have a cheaper HRM I think I paid around $50.00 so I log my calorie burned by what my HRM state I burned. It seems like I burn a lot more then most people so I am not sure how accurate it is. I have done some research and it seems like the best ones on the market right now are either the Body Bugg or Fitbit?
    If you search the community topics search HRM and you can see everyones reviews.
    I hope this helps,
    Good Luck
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!