Breakfast Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people can eat less than 400 calories for breakfast. It has to be my biggest and most substantial meal of the day. I find if I don't eat a hearty breakfast with plenty of protein, I have trouble the whole day not being distracted and hungry. So I eat a big breakfast and then have smaller meals throughout the day. I try to make my breakfast consist of:

one whole-grain item (such as a slice of 100% whole wheat bread with at least 5 g. protein and 4 g. fiber)
    one high-protein item (an egg, tofu scramble)
    a little bit of fat (a wedge of laughing cow cheese)
    Fruit and/or veggies

This morning, for example, I had a piece of whole wheat bread with laughing cow spread on top and a hard-boiled egg sliced on top and half a grapefruit. That ended up being 308 calories, which is actually a little less than 400, but has managed to really last. I'll have some greek yogurt with craisins in about 45 minutes to tide me over until lunch.

EDIT: I guess I didn't really answer your question. If you like having cereal, the milk is pretty high in protein, but I would suggest maybe having a half-serving of cereal with milk and then maybe have some greek yogurt or other high-protein item on the side. And maybe slice a banana over your cereal too.
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't know how people can eat less than 400 calories for breakfast. It has to be my biggest and most substantial meal of the day. I find if I don't eat a hearty breakfast with plenty of protein, I have trouble the whole day not being distracted and hungry. So I eat a big breakfast and then have smaller meals throughout the day. I try to make my breakfast consist of:

one whole-grain item (such as a slice of 100% whole wheat bread with at least 5 g. protein and 4 g. fiber)
    one high-protein item (an egg, tofu scramble)
    a little bit of fat (a wedge of laughing cow cheese)
    Fruit and/or veggies

This morning, for example, I had a piece of whole wheat bread with laughing cow spread on top and a hard-boiled egg sliced on top and half a grapefruit. That ended up being 308 calories, which is actually a little less than 400, but has managed to really last. I'll have some greek yogurt with craisins in about 45 minutes to tide me over until lunch.

EDIT: I guess I didn't really answer your question. If you like having cereal, the milk is pretty high in protein, but I would suggest maybe having a half-serving of cereal with milk and then maybe have some greek yogurt or other high-protein item on the side. And maybe slice a banana over your cereal too.

I'll have to try that! I'm a big breakfast eater as well, so this sounds like something that would be good for me! Thanks :]
  • AnneFatuus
    Options
    I'm recommented 510(!!) calories for breakfast. I have to follow a diet regiment with 2000 calories a day but still to me this seems a damn big breakfast, and to be honest I've not yet eaten that much in the morning. I'm "underweight" the doctors tell me and they thing I'm anorexic - though, I do not agree, I eat whatever I want to and like to exercise. That's just me. :) Guess I'm not much of a breakfast eater.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    mine is just under 500... Thats my biggest one of the day. Gets me going!!!
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1270.
    I usually split it up like this:
    Breakfast 250 - 300
    Lunch: 150 - 250
    Dinner: 300 - 450
    Snacks: 200 - 300

Works for me!