Body Image Conflict

Options
Does anyone else have problems with body image after losing a significant amount of weight?

For me, I am usually very pleased with my weight loss results. But sometimes, I get in the mirror and horrible thoughts leap into my brain. As I lose inches on my belly, the stretch marks leave a pruny effect (raisin belly). Today I lifted my rather large...sisters (34F) and I have this nice little rib cage. Then I let them go and they flop down, like 6 inches lower than they used to be...kinda deflated like. I hate to sound hormonal, but I just want to :sad:

On the up side I look way better with clothes on.:huh: :grumble:

Replies

• wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have problems with body image after losing a significant amount of weight?

For me, I am usually very pleased with my weight loss results. But sometimes, I get in the mirror and horrible thoughts leap into my brain. As I lose inches on my belly, the stretch marks leave a pruny effect (raisin belly). Today I lifted my rather large...sisters (34F) and I have this nice little rib cage. Then I let them go and they flop down, like 6 inches lower than they used to be...kinda deflated like. I hate to sound hormonal, but I just want to :sad:

On the up side I look way better with clothes on.:huh: :grumble:
  • letiamae
    letiamae Posts: 23
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating! I say buy yourself a push up bra and go try on sexy clothes and congratulate yourself on how wonderful you look in them!!!

Great job losing 25 pounds!!!! That is sooo awesome!
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    ugh. im right there with you. stupid strech marks on my tummy :grumble: . i never realized i had them on my arms until now. but at least we are getting healthy!!:flowerforyou: