Working on the LEGS

Options
Whoo wee! I have one DVD that does 18 minutes of focus on the legs (Skinny ***** Fitness), but I do not know what I need to do when I am not working out with this DVD. When I go to the gym I use the stationary bike because it does not hurt my knees that much, but other things do hurt my knees.

Do you have any ideas on what I can do that will help with my hips, thighs and calves? They are the only things that are NOT dropping in inches. They always say the stomach is the last to go, but I think it is my thighs and what not that is the last to go so far.

Any ideas and help?

Replies

• twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    cardio, maybe some brazil butt lift, works your legs pretty good!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you're gym has an elliptical machine try that. It is a motion similar to cross country skiing but there is no impact on you're knees so you can 'run' without causing strain on your knees. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it and find you're balance but it is a great workout and you can increase the resistance and the incline as you get stronger.

How often are you using the DVD? How often are you going to the gym and using the bike? I have the same issue with my legs holding on to the extra 'fluff'. Reality is unless I eat very clean foods they will never be really slim. As it is my legs are naturally more bulky and muscular. I will never be one of those girls whose legs don't touch at the top. My goal is to make my legs the strongest and shapely as they can be.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you're gym has an elliptical machine try that. It is a motion similar to cross country skiing but there is no impact on you're knees so you can 'run' without causing strain on your knees. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it and find you're balance but it is a great workout and you can increase the resistance and the incline as you get stronger.

How often are you using the DVD? How often are you going to the gym and using the bike? I have the same issue with my legs holding on to the extra 'fluff'. Reality is unless I eat very clean foods they will never be really slim. As it is my legs are naturally more bulky and muscular. I will never be one of those girls whose legs don't touch at the top. My goal is to make my legs the strongest and shapely as they can be.

The Elliptical actually KILLS my knees pretty badly.
    I keep trying a little bit every day though to see what I can do, or every day I go to the gym. I try to work out anywhere from 5-7 days a week. I just need to keep myself up and busy to keep them off. I run around a lot at work. I run at the gym. I walk on the Tread backwards and forwards.

I have lost inches and weight, but since I started working out the only place I have not lost is around my hips and thighs lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    You should do heavy leg work, but I would hire a trainer for a couple of sessions to learn how to do the exercises needed with correct form.

Squats, leg presses, lunges, Bulgarian squats, step ups, leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, plie squats, glute kickbacks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you have knee problems I'd consult a doctor specializing in sports medicine for exercises that will work your legs without damaging your knees.
  • brokenartist
    brokenartist Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My wife Starracer23 has a blog "http://hotmomfitness.blogspot.com/" where she posts about things like that. A big thing that helped her lose thigh inches were ball squeezes with $1.99 bouncy ball, deep squats (no weight) each time she went to the restroom (she drinks a lot of water so goes to the bathroom often). Yoga style leg lifts and the like.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A big thing that helped her lose thigh inches were ball squeezes with $1.99 bouncy ball

This sounds quite entertaining. I think I might attempt to do this! Those balls are not that expensive and who knows, maybe I can find one with a super hero on it :laugh: This is a great idea, thank you!

BTW:
    I can't do squats or anything similar...I have pretty BAD arthritis in my knees. :sad: