My awesome NSV in only 3 weeks!

Options
So I started doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program (which is free on Bodybuilding.com/livefit) and the exercise for the chest workout day includes pushups!? When I started, I couldn't even do three in a row. I had to do three sets of twelve pushups one day a week for the first two weeks. I wasn't able to so I broke them up and did the 12 in groups of three or four, whichever I was able to do, with 30-60 seconds rest.

WELL for the third week I was suppose to do three sets of ten pushups.... AND I DID ALL THREE SETS OF TEN!!! I might not go all the way down or I might not have perfect form... but I did them!!! I can't wait to get to the Chest & Tricep workout this week and do them again!?!?

I :heart: SEEING progress!! The scale is only one way to measure :wink:

ETA: If you are doing the LiveFit or thinking about it I would love to add you as a friend for encouragement/motivation!

Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Push ups are hard for me too. I love seeing progress!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I am on the first day of Phase 3 and I still can't do real pushups, only, like, 3 in a row. We have a group of others doing JELF, you should join us over there!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    bump
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, I'm not doing the program, but seriously PUSH UPS are my enemy in life. When I first starting working out and lifting weights, i could hardly do 1, now I can easily do 10 but just like you, not the best form but I can do them...YEAY!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I am on the first day of Phase 3 and I still can't do real pushups, only, like, 3 in a row. We have a group of others doing JELF, you should join us over there!

I have a group on this site for doing the program as a New Year's goal....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1507-new-years-group-jamie-eason-s-livefit-trainer

Thanks everyone!!!
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for the link to the site as well, it looks very interesting and I'm thinking of trying it out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!