Good morning! Let's chat :)

Options
So I'm here @ work :yawn: :yawn: and there's not much work to do....so here I am!!!
I decided I REALLY need to get a few pics on here....it sucks...right now my internet is not working @ my house...I do all my MFPing @ work...where I cannot upload a photo....it's annoying not to have a pic up!

So anyway....how is everyone doing this morning? Here in Buffalo, NY it is 27 degrees out and bright sunshine! Even though it's cold....the sun is making it nice :smile:

It's supposed to be close to 50 out today...so when I get outta here me and the pooch are gonna go for a looooong walk....then I'm going to my boyfriend's for movie night!!:blushing:

What is everyone else up to today?

:heart: Rachel

Replies

• HealthyRae
    Options
    So I'm here @ work :yawn: :yawn: and there's not much work to do....so here I am!!!
    I decided I REALLY need to get a few pics on here....it sucks...right now my internet is not working @ my house...I do all my MFPing @ work...where I cannot upload a photo....it's annoying not to have a pic up!

So anyway....how is everyone doing this morning? Here in Buffalo, NY it is 27 degrees out and bright sunshine! Even though it's cold....the sun is making it nice :smile:

It's supposed to be close to 50 out today...so when I get outta here me and the pooch are gonna go for a looooong walk....then I'm going to my boyfriend's for movie night!!:blushing:

What is everyone else up to today?

:heart: Rachel
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hey,
    I'm just glad others are starting to wake up! I've been up since 4am with a horribly sore throat and headache and if this cold doesn't go away soon I don't know what I'll do. Can't sleep. Can barely even eat- and that's my favourite thing to do :noway:

quiet Saturday in for me. Maybe a movie this afternoon... maybe even a nap :yawn:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    got a powerflex class at the gym at 10:30 then we were supposed to go to the beach but it is black skies and pouring rain.

we need the rain so no complaints.
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Corfu NY and a lot of my friends live in Buffalo.

I have a fun filled day or watching my daughter at swimming, replacing a toilet, teaching my daughter how to ride a bike without training wheels, and excercising. Hopefully we get into the 60's so i can run on the bike path. I have to get used to it since my trainer seems to like to brutalize me with it.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Here is NE WI we woke up to 34F and a fresh blanket of snow! The robins are none to happy about this. It's supposed to hit 50 so I'm sure it will all melt.

Not much for excitement here. So far breakfast & tea while playing on MFP. I'm going to clean out a file cabinet drawer. I know, to much fun so I'll only do one today!

Later it will be a walk with DH & the dog. And I might mix up some bread dough that has to rise 12-18 hrs! is that crazy or what?! It's supposed to be wonderful crusty yummy and I've been wanting to try it.

Kerri, I hope you feel better soon, you sound miserable.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hey,
    I'm just glad others are starting to wake up! I've been up since 4am with a horribly sore throat and headache and if this cold doesn't go away soon I don't know what I'll do. Can't sleep. Can barely even eat- and that's my favourite thing to do :noway:

quiet Saturday in for me. Maybe a movie this afternoon... maybe even a nap :yawn:

ahhh.........I hope you feel better. did you gargle with salt water? Always helps my sore throat. Take good care of yourself today and make sure to eat something (NOT that I have to worry about that with you!!)

:heart: Jeannie
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Options
    :happy: Hey Good morning, only my second day in and i am not doing too bad!! I just dropped off the hubby at work, now going to have some breakfeast. I will probally take the dogs for a walk a little later. Here in Northern Ontario it is cool but finally the snow is starting to melt. Thank God!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hey,

ahhh.........I hope you feel better. did you gargle with salt water? Always helps my sore throat. Take good care of yourself today and make sure to eat something (NOT that I have to worry about that with you!!)

:heart: Jeannie

no, I never have heard that before but I will give it a try. what's a good ratio of salt to water?

my guy is STILL sleeping. I'm sooooooooo bored and in pain and I want a bubble bath but the noice of that would wake him up and hey, just cause I'm miserable doesn't mean he should be too.... or does it? lol:laugh:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    hey,

I actually got to sleep in today because for the first time in who knows how long, my son didn't have a hockey game today. Yay for a relaxing weekend at last! In a little while I'll be heading to the gym for a nice swim, and then it's probably about a million loads of laundry and some house cleaning for a bit, and then curling up with my book and my dog. Aaaaahhhhhhh.....

Hey Kerri, when I have a really sore throat and have a hard time eating, I go out and get slim fast, tomato soup and grape juice. Slim fast at least gives you a lot of the protein, fiber and nutrients you need, but it doesn't hurt going down. I suggest the chocolate royale flavor, it tastes the best. The tomato soup seems to help soothe the sore throat, and well, I just really like grape juice :o)

And I totally agree with the salt water gargling. Salt has anticeptic properties, which is why it works. If you can't take that, try Listerene, it will do the same thing.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • HealthyRae
    Options

I have a fun filled day or watching my daughter at swimming, replacing a toilet, teaching my daughter how to ride a bike without training wheels, and excercising. Hopefully we get into the 60's so i can run on the bike path. I have to get used to it since my trainer seems to like to brutalize me with it.

Corfu? That's not too far from where I live...a nice 30 minute drive...Darien Lake! haha one of my fav places in the summertime :)
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    no, I never have heard that before but I will give it a try. what's a good ratio of salt to water?

my guy is STILL sleeping. I'm sooooooooo bored and in pain and I want a bubble bath but the noice of that would wake him up and hey, just cause I'm miserable doesn't mean he should be too.... or does it? lol:laugh:

HAHA I think everyone is bored today :) I usually gargle with 2 big table spoons in one cup of water, but i usually get like 1/4 cup in my mouth and I gargle like 3 or 4 times.. ALSO if you did not know this although its high in sugar, if you take a tablespoon of honey it helps.. I NEVER would have believed it until I tried it... it tastes better than gargling salty water :)

I hope you are feeling better before long!!! by the way I love the avatar, i dont think i ever told you back when you changed it but every day i say to myself GOOD for her!!! and think gosh thats a great picture!!!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Corfu? That's not too far from where I live...a nice 30 minute drive...Darien Lake! haha one of my fav places in the summertime :)

Our favorite summertime place. Every year when i go back to visit family, we make it a point to go to Darien Lake at least once. These days it is expensive though.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Buffalo, huh?

Go Sabres!