How often do you REALLY weigh in?

Options

Replies

• ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lol. My scale groans when I step on it. The neighbors heard it screaming last week.:tongue:
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings and Friday mornings. Let's me know where I'm at after a good week so I don't screw it up over the weekend. Monday let's me know how I did over the weekend.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself twice a week... and recording it on mfp as well. I feel like it should be once a week, and it probably will be once my weight loss slows down, but I love seeing the numbers drop when I'm new to my program!

I appreciate what people say about avoiding the scale, but I'm just too good at ignoring how my body feels... last time I avoided the scale I gained a LOT of weight, now I'm trying to remedy that!
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You guys are cracking me up! I tend to get obsessed with weight loss when I really get going and I'm TRYING to do it healthier this time. I've really only lost major weight (40lbs) once before, after my twins in 2002. But 2 more kids later and I need to do it again. I wish I had the self control to only weigh once a week!!
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    at least three times a day...i'm horrible!! i think when weight loss or a life style change is new, it's normal to be conscious of everything you do and that includes wanting to see if those things you're doing are making a difference!! even though we rationally know it's best to weigh yourself in the morning and only once per week lol
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once every 2 weeks. If I weighed everyday that would be to stressful for me. :)
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at night, between 11 and 11:30pm, that way if THAT number is going down (considering the food, waste and water in my system), then I KNOW the more accurate MORNING number is going down as well, however, I only weigh in the morning once a week and that's the weight I record. =)
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Once a week....sometimes I go a few weeks. I can't let the scale screw with my head..
    Totally agree!!!!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Only once a week, at my weigh-in. I don't own a scale anymore. :)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only log it once a week (same day and same time each week)
    Me too! :blushing:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby three weeks ago, so I hop on the scale every morning to see how things are doing. In the first two weeks I lost about 20 pounds, which was awesome considering I only gained 15 during pregnancy! So now I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant!
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Once a week only (when I check in on MFP), but, like others have said, if you can take it, you can do so more often to see the daily/hourly weight fluctuations. I'm a coward and can't take it, so I only weigh-in once a week.

In my opinion you are the opposite of a coward. I only weigh once a week too. At first I was doing everyday but I was freaking myself out with the stupid everyday ups and downs. Weighing yourself once a week is a more solid and definate answer than weighing in everyday in my opinion :) And for me the reward is much bigger to see that you lost a little chunk of weight not just like .2 pounds or something or weighing more than the day before :)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I make a chart every month in excel that shows every .2 pounds. (so like 150.0, 150.2, 150.4...) and I have it in a 10 pound in a range (that seems to be what fits on a page). I hang this right above my scale and I weigh in every weekday morning and mark it on the chart. I do this ONLY to see the trend in my weight loss. So far I know I will lose 3 days in a row and then go up a little on day 4 (like half a pound to a pound) and then it goes back down for 3 days. I do this because I used to weigh daily and get so upset for gaining a little, I never seemed to notice that my weight was going down and I was get upset and give up. Now I see that my weight is going down at a very steady pace.

The weigh ins that count are on Mondays (for MFP) and Tuesdays at work for the weight loss challenge I started there.
  • kellybib
    Options
    Be careful weighing in everyday. Your weight can fluctuate once a week will give you more accurate progress, saying that if it motivates you and dosnt dis hearten you then go for it!:bigsmile:
    I personally only weigh once a week otherwise I get fed up and give up :frown:
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever weigh myself. Maybe once every two or three weeks. However, I was obsessed with measuring myself. I seriously need to hide my measuring tape because it makes me feel like a failure everyday when I'm at the same marks as the previous day.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only log it once a week (same day and same time each week)
    Me too! :blushing:

Me three! (sometimes I can restrain myself to every other day) :wink:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up........
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Usually twice per week but not after my cheat meal!!!! :noway: I log my weight on MFP only 1x per week on Thursdays.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    A few times a week, but I only log Friday mornings.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. But I only record on MFP once per week, on Wednesdays. As long as it doesn't discourage you, there is no reason you can't weigh yourself multiple times a day and so forth. In some ways its interesting to take note of the fluctuations and the way certain foods, exercise, etc effect your weight on a daily basis.

This! I actually enjoy taking note of how my weight has fluctuated and deciding why I think it did. This way I dont get bummed if on my "official" weigh in day Im a little up.