Anyone have a Blackberry?

Options

Replies

• tyrtlencurlysue
    Options
    I have a black berry style and I love it!! It's the best phone since samsung rant! I say go for it!!
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a Blackberry and it's been a good phone for over a year and now it's giving me all kinds of problems. It freezes all the time I get error msg all the time. I would say go for a iPhone or The Droid. Plus if you are going to use the internet and not just apps the screen is really hard to see and not very user friendly.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a Blackberry because it is the company-issued smart phone. The small screen makes it not so friendly for viewing websites.

I think if I had my choice of smart phones, it would be an Android. I really like my husband's phone.

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey,
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love my blackberry with all my heart because I love having an actual keyboard. However it turns of every time I drop it, and freezes once in a while. And the screen is tiny and no ideal for web browsing. Also, blackberry is going down the drain, in fact there was news article I read on fox that the latest phones are terrible. As much as I hate to say it's probably smarter to get a smart phone, I find IPhones easiest to type on out of all touch screen phones. If I had the money and had to choose, I'd go for the Iphone next.

News Article: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/22/next-gen-blackberry-products-dont-work-source-says/
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I've had a blackberry, iphone and android and out of all of them, I think my blackberry was my favorite.

iphone had more games
    my blackberry was easier to navigate and was faster
    my android is a oiece of crap and i hate it.
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a Blackberry and haven't had any problems with it. But, if I were to do it again, I'd get an Android or an iPhone. I'm due for an upgrade and I plan on getting an iPhone.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes, a blackberry IS a smartphone...the FIRST smartphone ever on the market actually. Was out long before the iPhone. My old boss had an original BB and oh man that thing was big and basic!

I use the Torch and I love it. Again, I only really use it for phone calls, texts and a few apps (such as MFP). I don't need a super awesome computer, I just need a phone with a few features.

I also like the keyboard. I absolutely HATE touchscreen keyboards. I love how the torch has the option of both, and I can still use the touchscreen for other things, but I only use the physical keyboard for typing.

The OS is not the most up to date, but it works for me. And my BB works much faster than my husbands Android, and gets way better reception (though, I would get an Android over an iPhone anyday).
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have BB Bold. And I don't like it. Slow and seems primitive to me. Always hangs.
    Wish my company will change it to iPhone.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If so, how do you like it? I am getting a new phone today and I was wondering how good a Blackberry is.

Get a smartphone.

Will check that out! Thanks!

Um ok - a blackberry is a smartphone. I've had BB for years. Right now using the Bold. I like it but I am not a heavy web browser on my phone.I use mine for mostly calls, texts, emails, and GPS navigation(free from sprint). The web browser is slow... but I use it rarely so that doesn't bother me. I've considered changing to iphone later but if I lose my free navigation I will not. I would get lost in paper bag. Need my free GPS.

To the poster above, they all have free GPS (BB, Android, and iPhone).

To the OP, Blackberry phones aren't too bad. They are functional for what they are for, but it depends on what you want out of it. The BB browser is MUCH slower than Android and iOS platform browsers. Also, if you are looking for apps, Android and iPhone have a much larger selection. But if you are just looking to use it for the basics (call, text, email, etc) then BB would work fine for you.

I had read on the sprint forums when iphone 4S came out that sprints GPS navigation was not working properly on it. If that's fixed when it's time for me to get a new one great, if not - for me it's a problem. We ditched our GPS system since using sprints free service. I love it :flowerforyou:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't have one now but I did have one and I hated it. Apps suck, internet is slow. Though some people have told me the bold is good.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Walked into bestbuy 3 months ago, took bberry out, and before I could say anything the sales guy said, "it's time isn't it?". Walked out 30 min later with iPhone. Had bberry withdraw for the first two days, love it now.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Isn't a blackberry a smartphone? I have the Blackberry Torch 9800 and I love it. The main reason I got it is because I HATE how I-phones are only a touchpad. There is no actual place to type other than the screen. The Torch I bought has a slide out keyboard so I can either type on screen or type on the keyboard. That was the main reason I chose it.

I can use internet, download apps, chat with other BB users.

I have no complaints...
  • yvettemi
    yvettemi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well i swapped my old iphone for the blackberry, was very happy as BB was faster and better, then after few months i have noticed that i actually miss iphone so its up to you.

if you had an iphone then stick to it if not try it. it can be very slow esp internet but design is lovely
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I HATE my Blackberry. Hate doesn't even begin to describe my feelings about it actually. I have many issues with it all the time, it freezes up, it was stuck on roaming all weekend actually, it can be very slow.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Love my Blackberry!
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, RIM isn't doing too great (Blackberry) http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/23/rim-ceo-i-will-not-in-anyway-split-this-up-or-separate-this-into-different-businesses-audio/

But on that note, I have owned about 6-7 Blackberries in my time, but when I got my first Android Phone, I looked back and realized what a waste of Hardware Upgrades those BB'ies(Blackberry) was. The browser is just - below sub-par, the keys are small at best, the apps are boring and BBM(Blackberry Messenger) is overrated. Not to mention Battery Pulls and the infamous "spinning clock" or Sand-Timer, very laggy and checkerboards in Browsing when scrolling. I implore you, don't buy it. LOL.

Personally I am using an IPhone 3GS and love it, but prior to that I was using a beast of a phone - HTC Raider running Androids OP 2.3 - until I dropped it in the sink and it died :'( - buuuttt, I was looking for used phones on my local Kijiji (like Craigs list) and would NOT buy another BB, no matter how much cheaper it would be for me. So I went and bought a used IPhone, but if Android was a viable option price wise (they hold their value well, better than BB) then It would of been that over IPhone.

My order of best<least is:

Android Smartphones
    IPhone
    Windows 7
    BlackBerry

BUT, I know I said DON"T BUY IT, BUT, BUT - if Texting is your thing, and the key-size work for you, you like messengering to other BB contacts, then it's a fine phone. I just thing it's too easy to outgrow and there's other better choices out there.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Well, RIM isn't doing too great (Blackberry) http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/23/rim-ceo-i-will-not-in-anyway-split-this-up-or-separate-this-into-different-businesses-audio/

But on that note, I have owned about 6-7 Blackberries in my time, but when I got my first Android Phone, I looked back and realized what a waste of Hardware Upgrades those BB'ies(Blackberry) was. The browser is just - below sub-par, the keys are small at best, the apps are boring and BBM(Blackberry Messenger) is overrated.

Personally I am using an IPhone 3GS and love it, but prior to that I was using a beast of a phone - HTC Raider running Androids OP 2.3 - until I dropped it in the sink and it died :'( - buuuttt, I was looking for used phones on my local Kijiji (like Craigs list) and would NOT buy another BB, no matter how much cheaper it would be for me. So I went and bought a used IPhone, but if Android was a viable option price wise (they hold their value well, better than BB) then It would of been that over IPhone.

My order of best<least is:

Android Smartphones
    IPhone
    Windows 7
    BlackBerry

HTC interface is probably the best out right now.
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i have had a BB for years and always swore by it, but feeling like its a bit of a dinosaur lately. My contract is up in May and am searching now for options. I think if you get the touch screen its ok, but web browsing does take forever.

Good luck!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have the Blackberry Torch...love it! Touchscreen and keyboard. This is my second Blackberry product, and they are great, imo..
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I've had a Pearl, a Curve, a Bold, and both Torches. I had the Torch 9800 for a year, and then I got the Torch 9810 which is almost identical to the 9800 but new OS and faster processor and other small changes. I love BlackBerry, but then again, if I want to play games I'll do it on the PC. I went from BlackBerry to iPhone for exactly 2 months before I gave my iPhone to my son to use as an iPod. Then I went back to BlackBerry. I love the keyboard, the email, the security, my LED lights, and BlackBerry Messenger.

The internet is not slow on the 9810, and probably not on the new Bold either.