Food Diary - Private or Public?

Options

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    mine's private... i had it at "friends only" for a little while, but i felt like i was being judged and wouldn't log all my food(especially cheats!). even though i know my friends aren't looking at it and judging me, it helps me to know that i'm the only one to see it and i can be more honest with it.
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    at first mine was private but now it's friends only
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I don't really care if people see what I eat. I'd even post what I weigh...oh, my ticker does that...ya, I don't care.
  • jodyburton
    Options
    Private. *puts on tinfoil hat*

That way my health insurance company can't spy on me and deny a claim because I ate waaay to much pizza Friday.

Seriously though, I thought about changing it to friends or public but haven't taken the leap.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Started private and recorded everything I put in my mouth - switched to friends being able to view about 5 months in - started being afraid to really record things accurately because of what some people would say - so switched back to private. It's what works for me. For some people - the fear of what people will say helps them eat better... my personality just isn't that way. I am a bit rebellious and contrary at times. (Maturity is overrated.) So - if keeping it private keeps me honest - that's how it will stay.

i'm the same way... keeping it private helps me log everything in. when mine was friends only, i didn't put in things that i didn't want them to see, and that didn't help me at all
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Public. Call me out on my bad choices or send me suggestions!!!

I agree with this!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Mine is public...i suppose I could do friends only, but I won't do private. I also won't comment "good job" on people who are under their calories but don't have their food so I can actually see what they ate. For all I know they ate 1200 calories worth of kit kats. I'm not congratulating someone on that.
  • harrydresden
    Options
    Public. I don't see why anyone with nothing to hide would be ashamed of what they eat, and hey, maybe people could get some ideas of what to eat by seeing your diary. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I have a couple of friends, whose diaries I look at all the time, to make sure they're doing OK, and to see if they need any help--but I know these people IRL, and they expect and appreciate help and advice.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Mine is public..I have many issues..PCOS, IR, hypothyroidism...and belong to several groups..so its easier to have it open rather than people asking me what I am doing/eating...

Besides..I am at my goal weight...so I am pretty secure in what I am doing..
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    friends only :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Mine's public...nothing to hide :wink:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to friends only. For a long time, it was locked with a key.. but I had a lot of requests from friends who wanted to see it. So, I opened it to friends only.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would want to look at what someone else is eating. Unless someone specifically asks for me to look at their diary, I NEVER look at other people's diaries. I don't particularly care what anyone else is eating.

I'm a very picky eater who is in maintenance, so my diary probably isn't something someone who is actively trying to lose weight wants to base THEIR food choices from.

I see a lot of people who say those with their diary "private" are "hiding" something. I'm not hiding anything in mine. It is for my own personal use and isn't there for someone else to judge me on my choices. I don't need to be held accountable as I'm an adult and will eat what I choose. This is my body and my life. I don't really care what others think of my choices - but, people tend to be quite rude and are usually quick to criticize what someone else is eating.
  • twilightsm
    Options
    Mine is friends only...
    Although I think it's good for my buddies to see what I'm eating... as they have offered up many healthier alternatives to what I'd originally eaten that day.. I do tend to eat poorly sometimes and I don't think the world needs to see that I had a strawberry poptart for dinner.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Mines public.
    I love getting advice/tips/hints at the end of the day depending on what that days diary looked like.
    To me, I think it helps me stick to it,when others ccan see what im eating and them telling me ifI did good, or bad and how to change it to get healthier.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    public! :smile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Mine is Public.................I don't really care if people look at it, nor their opinion if they don't like what I eat...........I like looking at everyone else's just to get some other ideas of what to eat:bigsmile:
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had mine set to friends only.. then I set it to private. I'm a sahm with a budget. I can't afford to buy everything healthy all the time so when food starts to run out and I'm in a bind.. I eat some of the bad things.. I don't want to be ridiculed for the fact that I'm doing my best with what I have.

I can understand where you are coming from...but if you have friends that ridicule you for what your eating...maybe its time to let them go =) You only need positive people in your life.

Thank you. That is a very good point =)
  • Stephanie8242
    Stephanie8242 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine was set to private but recently changed to friends only. I like to view other peoples diaries to get ideas for healthy foods to eat when I get tired of the same old things :)
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Public.
    I am mostly proud of the way i eat, so i'm not ashamed of people seeing it! Also, I am recovering fro bulimia and still have my bad days occasionally. I am not ashamed of this either.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. When I first started this, I got tons of good ideas from looking at other people's food choices. I'm always open to suggestions too!