veggies that go with turkey spagettii

Options
krista010105
krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
i want to try turkey meatballs in the crock pot with spagetti tonight. what veggie mix would be good to go with it? we usually stick to can green beans or corn or steam fresh broccoli???? we need a whole new variety of veggies.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I just do a normal salad when I have my meatballs. Honestly though, it's just whatever you like. I find most veggies go well with anything.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    If you have fresh broccoli try this:

Cut the broccoli into florets, small 1 inch or better sized pieces. I also use the stalk sections... but use your own judgement as some stalks are very fibrous. Place on a cookie sheet and spread out. Sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh or bottled lemon juice on broccoli. Place in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until broccoli is starting to brown or is crisp tender, not soft. This is a great tasting way to enjoy a strong tasting vegetable! My dear Italian friend shared this recipe with me several years ago and since then I have not served melted cheese with broccoli since ... my kids love the lemony flavor! A nice side salad with homemade Italian dressing...perfect meal!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I usually make zucchini with my spaghetti. You can saute them, or cut them into spears, baste with a little olive oil and sea salt, and broil them in the oven. Yummy!
  • lms333
    lms333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just made spaghetti myself. Instead of adding a veggie side, I added veggies to my sauce. I added: onion, mushroom, green pepper, red pepper, and zucchini. Sauce was quite chunky, but yummy with the turkey sausage and went well with my whole wheat noodles too.