What's your funniest exercise/sports story?

Options
Hi, I have just started running and am REALLY self conscious (to the point that if I see a car or someone coming I stop and act like I'm just out for a walk before they see me) I had just started running again through a field the other day (having a walked a bit to recover) when, too late I spied a couple in the other direction. "Oh Hell" thought I," I am going to look a complete a**se if I stop now" so I was forced to keep on going - however the field took an upward turn and I found myself running slightly uphill which completely knackered me, however, pride WOULD NOT let me stop so I kept on going, lungs exploding, throat burning, eyes nearly crying, managed a desperate sounding "morning" to the couple and headed for the place where I could turn a corner and not be seen. As soon as I staggered around the hedge I was bent double and fell on the floor - it took quite a time to recover!! I can ony imagine what that couple would have thought having seen this apparent, jogging supremo, collapsed, gasping and puce red in a hedge, had they turned round. I couldn't stop giggling all the way home!:laugh:

Have any of you got any funny stories to share - go on - don't let me be the only one who makes a completed t*t of herself in my desperate bid to win the war on my flubber!! :blushing:

Replies

• PirateJohn
    Options
    I have so many:

-- Running a half marathon in San Francisco, which included two trips across the Golden Gate Bridge
    -- Playing in the team handball national championships
    -- Being a varsity athlete at USC
    -- Trying out for the US Olympic Team
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER be seen running! Unless someone handing out chocolate!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym, doing intervals on the treadmill. I wanted to impress my trainer and show her that I was doing the homework she assigned me and that I have even increased the speed on the treadmill. I was proud of myself and ego definitely got in the way, I put the treadmill to 6.5 and started sprinting my trainer came up to me (even though I knew she was there) she scared me to the point that I stopped to catch my breath. I went flying off the treadmill due to forgetting that even though I stopped I forgot to stop the treadmill. Trainer and I started laughing, I was in shock luckily I wasn't hurt other than my ego/pride and glutes. Still laugh at it today.