how often should i weigh?

Options
some people say once a week ... some say everyday. how often should I weigh in & why?

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's a personal decision. There's really no right or wrong answer. For me, I weigh in daily. I feel that it keeps me accountable day to day and I don't freak out if it's up or down a lot or a little; I wait for stable change.

Try it several ways, if you try weighing yourself daily and get discouraged, then try weekly. It's really all up to you how often you should weigh.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Each day you weight can go or down and if you get hung up with what the scale says every day you can get a little discouaged.
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think I've actually become obsessed- but it's keeping me on track so who cares?! haha!

I weigh several times a day because I like seeing how different things affect my weight. (certain foods for example).
    I record my weight on MFP daily- when i wake up in the morning (before eating/drinking anything),I use the bathroom etc. i jump on the scale and record that #.
  • milersad1323
    milersad1323 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once every two weeks on Sunday right when I wake up. I think if I weighed myself everday I could easily become obsessed and discouraged when my weight fluctuates. By doing it every two weeks I don't focus on my weight as the only indication I am succeeding. It is also awesome to step on the scale and see that you have lost 5-9 lbs. Big wins like that keep me highly motivated!
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every day to check where I am. I want to get a gauge for how much it's normal for me to be every day.

It took some work not to freak out over daily fluctuations, though. I still scowl at the scale when I'm up in the morning, but eventually it goes down again.

I only record my weight once per week (well, usually--last week I did it twice, just kind of mindlessly.)
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week for the most part. I don't like to see the fluctuation daily, especially if it's water weight or I haven't gone # 2 that day. Believe it or not, if you are constipated, that can be like a 1 or 2 lbs! :huh: I guess it's just a personal preference. I can't stand seeing gains and loses like that, it drives me nuts!