Green Tea

Options
Is is true green tea can help you in losing weight?

Replies

• racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i no its good for helping clean out your body and its refreshing but not sure how much it helps to loose weight ask at your local health food shop x
  • bearfan42
    Options
    Good idea...I just hear more and more about green tea!
  • Ayreiya
    Ayreiya Posts: 10
    Options
    Any tea is good for loosing weight as long as you don't put sugar or anything else in it since it is a water base. However, Green tea may be full of anti-oxidants which are good for your body i do not believe it is one of the high weightloss teas. I know that people have recommended Wuyi Oolong tea to me to loose weight but i am not fond of oolong tea. Some that you might look into trying are:

Blueberry Rooibos-african red tea
    Pomegranate Green tea- green tea
    Chamomile- Herbal
    Lemon grass- herbal
    Ceylon breakfast tea- Black tea
    Apple pie chai- indian spiced tea
    Rooibos- african red
    Pu-erh-
    peach white- white tea

The ones i have listed are just a few of my personal favorites. I am an avid tea drinker and can probably help you find something you may like.
    A site you can find information about tea on is Tevana. They have some really good teas.
  • racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i drink green tea and i drink chou young tea which is expencive but i feel better for drinking it x
  • shrinkingbrooke
    Options
    it does help induce weight loose because it boots your metabolism by massive amounts
  • tammyharm
    Options
    Yes it can i have been drinking green tea for two wks know and lost 4 pnds you have to drink atleast 4 cups a day or cold green tea.WORKS
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific proof that any kind of tea "boosts metabolism". Green tea is know for its antioxidants. It is good for you in many ways. As far as losing weight, tea is a diuretic so that should lose some water weight. It is tasty and helps get water down so give it a try.

Many good companies (I don't recommend the supermarket teas as they are not fresh and bagged tea is not as good as loose leaf). A few good online -- Republic of Tea, Stash and Market Spice (BTW -- Market Spice has a cinnamon orange that is incredible).