Picky Husband Dilemma!

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffett
    tiffett Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    He loves veggies! Loves them! He really loves eating healthy, which is good for me eating healthy now. I just have a hard time finding food thats he will eat that will also help him gain weight, the guy would chooce a grilled chicken and a salad over a pizza any day. He works a very physical job, he is on his feet 9-12 hours a day hustling and he is lucky if he has time for lunch. He has lost 20 lbs since he started his job..... I need to put some of MY chub on HIM! lol

That is a really good idea, making him heartier side dishes, that way it's still one meal for both of us, I'll just take the salad over the mac n cheese. :)

We've done the crock pot pulled pork, it was sooooo good! I definitely reccomend it!

Y'all have given me some great ideas and things to think about. Thank you! I am going to keep looking for more recipes too! :)
  • acstellhorn
    acstellhorn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Definately try this site. My Hubby made the lettuce wraps the other night and loved them! and he too is a very picky eater.

Good luck
  • boe2004
    boe2004 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a similar situation. I am on this site to lose weight. My hubby is 6.4 and skinny. He is trying to bulk up a little so our feeding routines are completely the opposite.

At the minute i give him what i make the kids. Carbs, veg and meat but when i put his out i give him a larger portion of carbs and also he eats 4-5 times a day. All exremely health stuff, pasta, wholemeal sandwiches the lot, but if you make his food then here are a couple of sneaky tips.

1. Its like when mums try and hide veg in their kids meals you basically have to do the same thing. Hide higher calorie foods on his plate.
    2. Mix milk AND cream In his breakfast cereal. If u use little enough he shouldn't notice.
    3. Use butter more. Tell him that all margarines are plastic fats and enter the blood stream which can alot more harmful than ordinary butter.

Information and education is probably the only way that you are going to get through to him. At the end of the day it has to be a higher calorie habit he has to take on himself. Hes probably in the food habit that im trying to get into, and that is food discipline.
    The only thing is that he needs a higher calorie intake, have you thought about putting him on here, it may give him a bar to work at.