Every day I am over

Options
on my alotted protein, Does this make a difference? I didn't think I was eating that much.

Kristine

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Protein levels are pretty low here. If not bad to be over. I eat anywhere between 118 to 150 grams a day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As long as it's healthy protein and you are not over on fat and calories.
    If you find you are always over in protein you can raise it by 5-10 % and see how it works for you. It will lower your carbs automatically.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I changed my settings to allow me higher protein & lower carbs. If they don't always match up, I'm not too worried about it... I also increased my fiber goals!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    you should be over
    that recomendation is weak
    I triple it
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Like others have said, the default setting on protein is way too low. (and carbs is too high, imo) I manually upped mine after reading about how much I should actaully be consuming.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    As long as you have healthy kidneys, you should be fine even consuming your weight in grams of protein.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Where do I go to manually up my protein (I need to do this too!)?
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    The only reason you should be concerned about protein is if you are not eating enough! Do not concern yourself with going over! Just watch calories, carbs, sodium, and fat. Good luck to you!
  • harryzrw
    Options
    Hi....
    As told to me by my registered dietician. As long as your kidneys work properly....eating extra protein is OK.....BUT persons like me that have kidneys functions that fluctuate from to month, it is NOT good for you. She tells me I should go no higher than 85 grams of protein. If you get a blood test for kidney functions...1 is normal.....after you 1.3 and above you need to be careful.
    I hope this helps everyone here. Good luck with your diet...I had a problem with dieting...BUT...the grim reaper is trying to close in....I will not be defeated....Losing about 2 lbs. a week as planned.....
    Harryzrw
  • countrygirl812
    Options

It's under the "goals" tab. You click the "change goals" button and go in and set it to where you want.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Go into goals and use the custom setting. It will kep moving on you as you adjust one another will move, but keep playing with it till you get your right mix and the save.