Calorie calculator

Options
I wish there was one somewhere. Not what we do on here where we enter our food and it tells us how many calories we have had and have left but like I cook for five to seven people so when I make a recipe I use the whole of things like this soup I make which requires one medium onion and 1 medium butternut squash a medium acorn squash and a can of pure pumpkin. I would like something to put that all in say how much is a serving like one cup and have it tell me how many calories are in one cup for the recipe I could figure this out myself but it is to much work I would have to calculate the total for all the things I am add them together and then divide them by how many cups are in the whole pot which would require me transferring the food into something else dirtying more dishes. Tonight I am making angel hair pasta with one small onion half a cup of feta one cup of spinach and two large tomatoes diced. I would love to enter this into my calories as a whole and not have to dissect it each time and add a tsp of this and a tsp of that each time I enter my food into my diary.

Replies

• michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do this under the Food tab. Click on recipes. You put in all the ingredients, tell it the number of serving sizes and it calculates the calories in one serving. Then when you eat it. You click on the recipes tab and add a serving that way.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use the recipes function on MFP all the time. I would go mad when making dinner if I couldn't! It's really easy. Just enter all the ingredients from the database, how many people it serves, and it calculates for you.