I counted it!

Options
I have been on a bit of a plateau.:cry: I weighed myself this morning and the number was still the same. I ate a good breakfast, lunch, and worked out. After showering, I decided to weigh myself again and I was down 2.5 lbs.!!

Is it wrong to count this as a weight loss since I weighed myself at a different time of day???:ohwell:

I was just so excited to see a different (and lower) number!!!:bigsmile:

What do you think?

Replies

• jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have been on a bit of a plateau.:cry: I weighed myself this morning and the number was still the same. I ate a good breakfast, lunch, and worked out. After showering, I decided to weigh myself again and I was down 2.5 lbs.!!

Is it wrong to count this as a weight loss since I weighed myself at a different time of day???:ohwell:

I was just so excited to see a different (and lower) number!!!:bigsmile:

What do you think?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Zipping my lip on this one.:tongue:

congrats!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Excellent lip control, Boss.

I echo the congrats. On THE Team thread, we have been bantering back and forth about the efficacy of the scales as the source of our esteem. One of our team members' husband has hijacked her scale! We decided to reframe the plateau into "this is the place where I catch my breath for the journey

d
    o
    w
    n

as we continue to get healthy"

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I weigh as much as 3 times each day!!! I get so motivated when I see an all new low number! The lowest number I have seen is 186! I started at 212. I was changing my ticker to show my lowest weight, and leaving it there when it fluctuated. (This was at 198) Recently I changed my strategy when it took a week 4 that number to stabilize. I'am thinking I SHOULD put my ticker to show my new low.... I need some motivation. I've gone over my calorie alotment three days in a row now, and I'm currently on a sugar high. I also skipped my three one-hour treadmill dates this week. Maybe I will take the pressure off next week and allow myself to cut back to 30 minutes each on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I do that too. It makes me feel better and I think its okay.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Once a day for me only so if i do mess up I know exactly where i went wrong food wise
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I count it.

Here is my reasoning.

You will NOT Gain a pound of fat back until you have consumed 3500 addl calories.

SO my body is 138- it just has more waste at some times, more water retention, more air-I dont know............I just know it is not more fat!!

I do not change my ticker until I see a lower weight, then keep it there until I see a lower one.

What works for me.............keeps me motivated!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have done that before ( and within the past couple of weeks) ! and my weight loss was true.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I do what arewethereyet does.
    I weigh daily after a shower, then every time a lower number comes up, I claim it & post it! :wink:
    :happy:
    Then I know if I need to drink more water that day & watch the sodium, or if I'm holding steady. It never goes up more than 2# from the day before. And when it goes down, I want to be the first to know!!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    :drinker: water
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well, it turned out to be true and I am glad I counted it! I have actually dropped 5 lbs since then!!!:drinker: I am officially now out of the 200's!!!:bigsmile:
    Thanks for all your input!:flowerforyou:
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!! :flowerforyou: and wonderful encouragment for me and my nasty plateau