I did it - set my calories to 1400

Options
Man I hope this works - 3 weeks now and I see a change in my body from working out but the scale seems to be lagging behind.

Many of you noted that I was eating too little (keeping it at 1200 or below a day). So I changed my daily calories to 1400 and won't eat my calories back from working out (I don't tend to do more than 30-40 minutes cardio - and I'm 49 so I'm working and sweating but not burning more than 300-400 calories by what the machines say). I'm also going to focus on more protein and less carbs (but I soooo love my carbs) - And we'll see what the scale says next week. Sooner or later it's just got to move in the right direction.

I even took an abs class today - only 15 minutes and some leg curls and leg extentions - not too much weight but it's a start. Hope to be "fab" by 50.

Replies

• cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just did this as well. Hope it works!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck!
    I set mine to 1500 today, as I had need having people tell me that eating my 1200 (or not even sometimes) was not enough. My scale has been stuck. So I am going to give this new # a shot! Hopefully this works!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is different, but all I can say is I'm 58 and I lost over 60 pounds by eating around 1600 calories per day plus exercise calories.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Here's to us then - let's check in next week and see if this helps - something has too. I'm bummed my little butterfly isn't moving.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I know that things are different when it comes to weightloss for men and women, but I know I spent months eating 1,200-1,300 and NOBODY could convince me that I could lose weight on more. but I finally tried it, I went up 150-200 calories at a time.

EVERY time I bumped my calories, my weight would jump 3-5 lbs and not move for about 10 days, then it would go away and Id start losing more. Don't give up if you get on the scale in 2 days and see a big jump, give it a good 2 weeks and be consistent before you decide its not working.