OH NO I DID A NO NO! :O

Options
Oh dear, silly me. I've gone and eaten a little bit over my calorie intake. but you know what? it's ok :)

It's not the end of the world, no more feeling guilty. Just excersise my *kitten* off and carry on *snaps fingers*

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No one can be expected to hit the number every day. I've had days that I went over by more than 1000 calories and still didn't gain any weight back. Sometimes I'm over, sometimes I'm under. Once I think I even hit it exactly. Well, as exact as you can be on a site like this.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, silly me. I've gone and eaten a little bit over my calorie intake. but you know what? it's ok :)

It's not the end of the world, no more feeling guilty. Just excersise my *kitten* off and carry on *snaps fingers*

Amen!

Some days I come in under, some over. It all comes out in the wash. I am over, calorie-wise, where I typically am by this point in the day (nearly 5PM), and I still have dinner to eat. However, I am running later, and I had a low-calorie day yesterday (plus a very high-burn Spin class). I'm not fretting.

You hit on something here, though - "no more feeling guilty." THIS is what gives me a complex about food. I crave it, I eat it, I feel guilty about it, I resent it. I've learned to let go of that guilt. I still enjoy food and do crave certain things from time to time, but I don't let it own me, and if I give in, I do so in moderation and get on with my life.

So thanks for posting this :smile:
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    couldnt have said it better myself! Keep on goin girl, you are doing a great job!
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I feel like such a failure today because I am sooo over. You're completely right! I will be working out for two hours tomorrow so hopefully I can gain back some calories!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Going over once in a while is a great thing. Keeps your metabolism in high gear! People don't seem to get that around here. Glad you do! :D
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with going over 4-5 times a week and I've lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks. Not that I'd recommend that, but still.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: keep kickin' butt, lady! And good job on the attitude :wink:
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think the worst thing we do to sabotage ourselves is being to harsh on ourselves, try to keep a positive outlook and remember there is so much more to life than a calorie count!
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    I think this is about enjoying the journey. Enjoy the choices you make. Enjoy newfound vigor from exercise. No guilt in food-enjoy what you choose to eat. I've noticed that since I've become more selective about what I eat, I enjoy eating more. Sometimes I'm over as well, but always by choice. Enjoy! That's my new mantra.