I HAVE GIVEN UP ON WEIGHT LOSS

I have completely put my weight loss on the back burner and I need some encouragement to start over again. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    I have completely put my weight loss on the back burner and I need some encouragement to start over again. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    tsk tsk how will you be able to care for everyone you love if your not healthy yourself..http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    You need to put you first cause if ya don't then how ya going to help anyone else??? We are here to support you:bigsmile: So remember one day at a time :bigsmile: One pound at a time :drinker: you can do it :drinker: Drink your water that really helps :drinker: :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Like nwfamilygal and mya said. Your health comes first. Not everyone can make big changes. I you can't make big changes make small changes. Eat one healthy meal a day. Figure out what the worst thing you eat is and replace with something healthy. Start exercising even if it just for 5 minutes. Just start. YOU CAN DO IT!!

And from me to you. THROW THE SCALE OUT OF THE WINDOW!. It is not your friend. Don't let those numbers define you. Rather pull out a tape measure and see how you're losing inches. See how your resting heart rate decreases. These are the things that really matter.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441

You should take a moment and read my profile and then re-think that bad decision.. Please dont give up.. You can do it... Just think of being healthy for your family, children...

i really hope you reconsider giving up.. You would be so much more happier but you have to want it.. and be willing to change you life completely..

Sheila
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Hey take that cute little baby out for walks or get a kid workout tape and do it with him.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that you are worth it, you need to put yourself first. Also go and read my profile too. I started here weighing 292 pounds, and now I weigh 261.6. You can do this, don't give up on it. :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    First off I need to tell you that I know how you feel right now i am suffering from a knee energy and Just down right moody about the whole thing.
    Now let me tell you a story that might help you put this in a different perspective...
    Lets say that tomorrow morning you forgot to brush your teeth.
    Well DAMN you think, My WHOLE tooth brushing system is messed up, There is no REASON for me to keep brushing my teeth now. Heck I will never brush my teeth again!
    Heck while i am at it that flossing thing is down the tubes, Man with this break in my system I think I will also stop showering and washing my hair! WHY? WHATS THE POINT! because I forgot to BRUSH MY TEETH!
    OK so YES that is an over dramatization, But think about it, this is the very same thing that we do every time we skip a workout of eat something that is not on our list.
    So WHY oh WHY do we do this with weight loss and healthy living? It is the same blasted thing!!
    And if you forget to brush you teeth in the morning what do you do? Well you go brush your teeth that night or when you get the next chance to brush your teeth....
    I challenge ALL OF US! INCLUDING MYSELF! to start taking the working out and eating right in a brighter frame of mind. Because if we DO eat the twinkey we CAN always work it off. But we have to remember that and not be as hard on ourselves. Because one bad day does not ruin a life! unless of course you let it! I also challenge you to not think about this story every time you brush your teeth! :wink:
    Much love and I AM WITH YOU!
    --Diann...
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    I am sorry that I took so long to reply but I have not been doing what I was supposed to be doing in regards to weight loss. I wish to thank each and everyone for those encouraging words. I have made a promise to myself to make a complete start on Monday, April 6. I will return to eating healthier meals and snacks and working out. As a matter of fact, I will be grocery shopping for that reason tomorrow. So please wish me luck. I will keep you posted. And once again thank you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I wish you luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    hey sweetheart ont give up, jus dust your shoulders off and keep it moving aint no sense in crying over spill milk ya know, Get back in the Game, Im 212 and 12 by the end off this month I want to be out the 200 club....
  • HI SANDIF1,

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS STOP STARTING OVER AND CONTINUE ON FROM WHATEVER POINT YOU DECIDED TO STOP. CONFUSING YOU? OK, I MEAN THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SLIPS WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE. THE TRICK IS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SLIP AND NOT LET IT GO INTO AN ALL OUT CHAIN EATING EVENT. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES , WE ALL EAT SOMETHING NOW AND THEN THAT IS NOT ON OUR PLAN AND HAS WAY TOO MANY CALORIES. ONE SLIP DOES NOT CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN,IT IS THE CONTINUOUS EATING AFTER THE SLIP THAT RUINS THINGS FOR YOU. I HAVE HEARD "I'LL START ON MONDAY" MORE TIMES THAN I HAVE SAID GOOD MORNING IN A LIFETIME. WHY START ON MONDAY WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY STARTED. YOU SLIPPED UP, FINE, FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON RIGHT NOW, TODAY, RIGHT THIS SECOND.
    I AM SURE THERE MUST BE SOME FOODS IN YOUR HOUSE THAT ARE NOT SO FATTENING.MAKE THE BEST CHOICES YOU CAN UNTIL TOMORROW WHEN YOU SHOP. TAKING OFF WEIGHT IS HARD WORK. ARE YOU WILLING TO PUT IN THE EFFORT? WILL YOU NOT MAKE EXCUSES? WILL YOU FIND THE TIME TO WALK, EXERCISE, MAKE SALADS, PLAN AHEAD FOR OCCASIONS WHERE THERE WILL BE TEMPTING FOODS? TAKE IT SLOW. MAKE SMALL CHANGES EACH DAY. REWARD YOURSELF (NOT WITH FOOD) WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING HEALTHY. SET SMALL GOALS OF 5 OR 10% OF YOUR WEIGHT TO BE GONE BY A CERTAIN TIME,BE REALISTIC ABOUT THIS.
    YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY AND I AM SURE YOU WANT TO FEEL ENERGETIC SO YOU CAN PLAY WITH THIS CHILD. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHILD.SO MANY KIDS ARE OVERWEIGHT THESE DAYS BECAUSE MOM OR DAD OR BOTH HAVE UNHEALTHY DIETS. WEIGHT LOSS STARTS AT THE SUPER MARKET. BRING HOME ALL GOOD HEALTHY FOOD FOR EVERYONE. ENLIST THE HELP OF ANY FAMILY MEMBERS. TELL THEM THEY NEED TO SUPPORT YOU IN THIS. IF THEY WANT UNHEALTHY SNACKS LET THEM BUY IT OUTSIDE OR HIDE IT SOMEWHERE AND NOT EAT IT IN FRONT OF YOU EVERY DAY.
    I KNOW YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED IF YOU REALLY WANT IT BAD ENOUGH. YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO GIVE UP THAT MOMENTARY PLEASURE FOR LIFE LONG HAPPINESS. WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE LOOKING BACK AT YOU.IT IS SO WORTH IT. I WON'T WISH YOU LUCK, I DON'T BELIEVE IN LUCK. I BELIEVE IN YOU. I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU MAKE THE EFFORT,YOU WILL GET THE REWARDS.
    STAY STRONG AND BELIEVE! WISH YOU THE BEST.
  • burbuja
    burbuja Posts: 32
    Im glad you decided to start eating healthy, I know losing weight is hard work but like everyone said you are worth it, do it for yourself, for your children your family. Imagine all the things you will be able to do once you start losing weight. Make yourself proud by succeding! I know you can do it, I believe in you :wink: .

Im here whenever you need me.
  • Deedles
    Deedles Posts: 27 Member
    To add to what's already been said....

First, stop thinking about it as weight loss, or dieting, or any of those other offensive terms. It's simply a new way of eating through better food choices. Anyone can do that! I had to change the way I thought about it. In the past, every time I would fail at yet another diet, for the first few weeks afterwards I would lose weight. The only different was I had removed the stress of having to show a loss at the end of the week and wasn't thinking about food all the time! So this time I have a whole new mind set. I weigh once a week just to see how I'm doing, make sure I buy healthy food at the store and don't bring anything home that I don't want to add to the menu and drink between 60 to 80oz of water a day. But other than that I do the best I can every day with whatever comes up...whether that's staying home or out running the road taking care of chores. I've been averages 2-3lbs lost every week.

Every meal is a chance to start over if you need to. So if you make a bad choice, just do better next time and move on. Don't get hung up on what you DID, concentrate on what you'll DO next.

Good Luck...If I can do it, anyone can!
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Diann, I just love your teeth brushing analogy - it is perfect.