Change in schedule....

Options
So today was my first day of student teaching and I am so tired that I just want to eat comfort food and sit around relaxing! I am worried I will spend the rest of the semester unable to motivate myself to workout and giving into every craving....any ideas?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    So get up butt-*kitten* early, get your work out in, and that may motivate you to make smarter food choices throughout the day. If you're not motivated now, you're going to have to find something to keep you going.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    Go immediately after you're done teaching and workout.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So today was my first day of student teaching and I am so tired that I just want to eat comfort food and sit around relaxing! I am worried I will spend the rest of the semester unable to motivate myself to workout and giving into every craving....any ideas?

My girlfriend is doing the same. get up early and workout, she's up at 5:15 when I call her every morning. You'll get used to the busier schedule, and will adapt.
  • athorne75
    Options
    I've been teaching for 13 years now and I still battle the desire to go home, veg out on the couch and eat macaroni and cheese 'til I pop. If you can, try to work out before you head off to your student teaching placement --- this will alleviate your guilt if you are too tired to work out when you get home. If the school you are at has a cafeteria, try to stay away from it as much as you can --- pack your own healthy lunch. If your day is particularly rough (and I know that they can be when you're a student teacher!), try to take a short walk away from the school on a prep or at lunch to clear your head. Finally, try to stick to a consistent bed time (tough when you have lesson planning to do) and don't stay up too late --- the extra stress and lack of sleep can wreak havoc with your cortisol levels which leads to weight gain.

Best of luck with your placement --- enjoy it!
  • stevesavage09
    stevesavage09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im with u im up at 4 30am to work at 6am and dont get home till 4pm , i have a set time to start my workout , if you set it and force yourself for a week or 2 it gets to be a habit