Six Months, -47 Pounds (with pics - UGH! LOL)

Options
124»

Replies

• NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!! You've come so far already and WOW what a shape you have now! Beautiful!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job so far!! Such a inspiration, I just joined the site and love to see people who have made so much progress. I just walk the treadmill now but think I am gonna try the Wii Zumba.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look great and you will meet your Hawaii goal. If you have never been it is an amazing place. I've been once and can't wait to go back. Aloha :flowerforyou:
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh, that elusive 3 pounds. I would love to say I lost 50 (I'd consider it a huge milestone) but, here it is..

800.jpg

Before: 285# After: 238#

I am starting to struggle to see losses every week, and it's starting to discourage me. I'd hoped to be at 225# by now, and have stalled.

I am thinking I'm going to have to shake things up... Any suggestions?

Otherwise, I'm just gonna keep chugging along. I'm wanting to be 199.9 (ANYthing under 200#) by the 10th of May, when I board a plane to Hawaii for my 10th anniversary. I ***REALLY*** want it... I pray God gives me the strength to get there...

Thanks for letting me share :)

I've been reading up on the zig zag method of eating calories. Some of the people on here have been super successful doing that, especially when a plateau is in effect. Wish I would've found this site sooner. I went to Hawaii in September for my 10 year anniversary. You have a great goal! Stick with it and you WILL succeed!!!
  • Jnine25
    Options
    Mostly, I have been using the treadmill, doing a fat-burning routine that involves a slow walk on a steep incline followed by a run... the intervals vary, but the routine is the same. It was WONDERFUL, but right now, it seems to have flat-lined on me. I'm using a watch/heart-monitor to track caloric burn, and I have noticed that the same routine no longer burns NEAR as many calories as it used to (part of that is being lighter -- but I also notice my heart rate isn't getting "up there" the way it used to, either).

I just started doing Zumba on the Wii, and it was a good workout, but I am rhythmically challenged *lol*, so sometimes I get frustrated with the routines.

I need something that can burn mega calories in 45-50 minutes as I have a little one at home, and a 7 year old in school, so my days are busy... (I am sure ALL of you can relate to that in one way or another)

Thanks for all the compliments! :)

zumba doesn't care if you are rhythmically challenged and you are still burning way more calories than walking on the treadmill. Are you doing zumba one or zumba 2 on the Wii? Zumba 2 counts your calories for you and I like that you can see the "trainer" much better than zumba 1. I walked the treadmill for 45 min tonight and could've just done 15 min of zumba and burned more. Oh well, switch it up, right? Good luck and you do look amazing! Keep on chuggin!
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    OMG once i lost 30lbs it became hard for me to continue losing also!!! anyway great job and good luck!
  • Jnine25
    Options
    Wow, great job so far!! Such a inspiration, I just joined the site and love to see people who have made so much progress. I just walk the treadmill now but think I am gonna try the Wii Zumba.

My friend bought zumba 2 only cuz we couldn't find zumba 1. We did it and liked it, so I went and found the zumba 1 so we could switch it up and have more routines to do. Let me tell ya, I'd much rather own zumba 2! My advice is rent them first or borrow someones and see which you like better. ZUMBA 2 ROCKS AND COUNTS CALORIES FOR YOU!!!
  • CROCKETT1
    CROCKETT1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Nice job. Enjoy your trip. You can do it!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you want to give your weightloss a kick in the butt look up primal eating. Helped me! Fantastic job so far!
  • marphydoll
    marphydoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work, you have a great hour glass shape! I too, am hoping for 50 pounds by February.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!