Help!!!!

Options
Hello everyone. New to this site. Recently divorced, and in a brand new relationship. Got a little heavy over the course of a very bad five year marriage, and my boyfriend has an amazing body (six pack). I feel kind of undeserving being as how I am not happy with the way I look. He has amazing will power, something that I am seriously lacking!! I have been dieting for the past month and have not seen much of a difference, and feeling very discouraged, like maybe I will just look this way for life. Anyone felt that way? I just want to give up................help!!!

Replies

• southern_gurl
    Options
    Hello everyone. New to this site. Recently divorced, and in a brand new relationship. Got a little heavy over the course of a very bad five year marriage, and my boyfriend has an amazing body (six pack). I feel kind of undeserving being as how I am not happy with the way I look. He has amazing will power, something that I am seriously lacking!! I have been dieting for the past month and have not seen much of a difference, and feeling very discouraged, like maybe I will just look this way for life. Anyone felt that way? I just want to give up................help!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep I have felt just like you gurlllll....you have to hang in there and follow MFP...drink lotsa water...I have lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks....if you wanna do it right, it will happen slow.

Hang tight and good luck.

:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I felt like that for years. Then something clicked this year and I realized that I have control over my own life. For the first time I feel like I can do this. I feel the attempts I made in the past were half a$$ed.

I am eating clean, exercising 5-6 times a week and I feel better than I have in years. If I can do this with amount I have to lose, surely you can too.