New year, new me??? I hope! Hi from Canada!

Options
so how many here have tried different diets and joined different websites to help you on your healthy lifestyle journey? Were they successful? I myself have tried the X-Weighted site and SparkPeople, WebMD and now I am here. I have tried a few diets, with not much success.

Hi, my name is Mel and the most I used to weigh was 330 lbs at 5 foot 4. That was 4 years ago. Now I am down to 270, and it was lost in a healthy way, with support from these websites and diets. I also joined Weight Watchers for a year, but I only found myself frustrated. I quit and gained back what I had lost. And then I lost it all again plus more on my own.

I try to stick to the Canadian Food guide, and I do have a support system that help me keep on track with diet and exercise. I was recommended this site by one of those people that are a part of my support system.

I had a rough year last year, and I am hoping to make this one so much better.

Replies

• robertmcalaster
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the weight you've list already. I'm pretty new here, but so far its been really neat. The community feeling here is great.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am only a couple days old here myself. :)
  • tehfirmanater
    Options
    im new here as well, good luck to you
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP eh ! ! (from one Canadian to another) Ive been on here for about 4-5 mths and have lost 34lbs, i too did the WW thing, lost a ton ...got frustrated by it and gained it ALL BACK IN 3 YRS !! Im always looking for pals, please feel free to add me !!!
  • LilBee82
    Options
    thanks. :)

I am always open to making friends. It is always nice to know more people that are going through the same as you and have the same goals. And tips are always appreciated. I am a bad procrastinator, and most times I need a kick in the butt to get motivated.
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hi there....Ive started again yesterday..this time with more motivation..after 2 stressful years and alot of weight im trying to get healthy...I started the new me look with getting my waist length hair chopped to my ears..wow!!..change is good....good luck:smile:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • LilBee82
    Options
    thanks. :)

Yes change is good, I have to agree. I am starting school at the end of the month to work towards getting my ged. I hated school and dropped out a long time ago and one of the reasons, was being bullied and teased by other kids and getting called fat.

I want to make this year, all about me.
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) from NB Canada here! Congrats on your weight loss ! Here's to a great year!:wink:
  • LilBee82
    Options
    Thank you and same to you! :) I'm in AB currently, have been 6 years now...or 7, I'm not sure anymore lol
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Me too, in AB, for about 6 years now. Add me as friend! Welcome!
  • myfryguys
    Options
    Hi Today is my first day. I just had my thyroid removed and am ready to get my weight back under control.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    welcome!! i'm new here too and already addicted...be sure to log in daily...it makes you accountable and the support is incredible....feel free to add me if you like :)
  • LilBee82
    Options
    added :)

I can't even imagine what that would be like??? I hear so many people talk about having a thyroid problem and how it affects their weight loss. As far as I know, I have had no issues.

I just like to eat. :D
  • LilBee82
    Options
    Oh yes, I know! I find I am successful when I track my food, or I plummet!
  • livelovelaugh12
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, very awesome...I was also discouraged by WW, not sure the reason. I have been with MFP for quite awhile and when I am consistent about tracking my food and actually exercising, I see progress. This year I swore I would stay with it. I have yet to figure out how to add friends, embarrassed to say:blushing: add me as a friend. Wishing us all success on the road to healthier lives.
  • LilBee82
    Options
    Just click on someone's name and on their profile is a button that says add friend. ;)

WW was frustrating for me because I was paying to lose weight and I felt pressured that I HAD to lose every single week. And if I lost like .5 or something in a week, it got me very down on myself.

Now I don't stress anymore, and keeping my money in my pocket. :)
  • mechelle1bryan
    Options
    Hi Im new here too! I started last thursday, Im loving it! For the first time in my life I feel in control of my eating. It makes me want to do good. I want to loose 50 lbs in 9 mths. I want to say that I weigh 199 by my birthday, that would be a very special present to me. I really liked your post. Maybe we can be pals
  • LilBee82
    Options
    Thanks, I'd like that.

That would be a great gift. :) That's kinda what prompted me this year. My birthday is next month and I'm turning 30. To me that's big. And looking back on my life, I want to do something good for myself.
  • ItsJenn32
    Options
    Hey everyone, good luck on your weight loss journey's

Please add as a friend for support and motivation :)