New Member (and vegan!)

Hello everyone! Just saying a quick hello!

I am 5'6" and weigh about 145lbs. I gained a lot of weight last year due to stress with work and my relationship, but since then I've been working to de-stress my life!

Like I said in the title, I live on a vegan diet. Kind of fell into it to be honest! I have been lactose-intolerant for a number of years and I started feeling really tired and groggy after meals. After working with my doctor for a number of months, and keeping a very detailed food journal, my doctor recommended that I eliminate the meat from my diet (and cease eating dairy products b/c I was taking them with lacteeze pills). Felt much better after that change so my doctor worked with me to make sure I got all the nutrients I needed. That's when I found My Fitness Pal!

Although I still have some weight to lose before I'm at a normal BMI, I like My FItness Pal because it keeps track of the nutritional information of your food. This way I can make sure that I'm getting all the fat and iron I need during the day (I have no problem with protein!!).

That's my story, and I look forward to encouraging everyone and sharing the success!! :smile:

GGatHeart