Getting ripped

Options
For those here on MFP who are already lean and trying to get ripped for personal or competition gains - Can you share how you deal with losing your precious hardearned weight. It saddens me to feel my shirt lose ::sad:

And how quickly do you return to your normal weight

Replies

• mattkellett
    Options
    Are you talking about dealing with losing Muscle? or losing the weight in general? the reintroduction of food after a weight loss for a competition is crucial that it is done right.

If you have more specific questions I will try to answer them for you. I have competed myself, am startignt to train for another show starting in Feb, and have personaly trained a few ladies for thier competitions. I hope I can assist you.

Matt.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is my second time competing, first time i was so happy to be off the strict nutrition and exhausted from the exercise routines that i took a good 2 months off before training again. This time i'm get right back in to my *bulk* cycle.

I dont have a specific question... more of a curiosity, and i suppose im looking for people who have competed to share their experiance e.g.

How long does it take for your glyco stores to restore,
    How much muscle did you lose during your cutting phase / Did anyone manage to maintain all (if possible) their muscle
    How did you deal with the Psychological impact of losing weight (obviously being muscle and glycogen and water)
    etc..
    etc...
    etc....

But hey, any advice, ideas, tips, articls, etc will be gladly appreciated