Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

nice gay guy

msdurski
msdurski Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Just getting started on the P90X program and this site was a link to it. Just a nice gay guy here that has gotten out of shape due to stress over the last 5 years. I use to fluctuate between 170 and 175 with a 31 inch waist. Even though I was 53, most people though I was between 35 and 40. I want to get back to that self image but more importantly to rain the energy levels that I once had. Anyone that wants to chat about their situation , I am all ears and have been told I am a great listener. Hope to post progress here as I go along. Good luck to everyone on their efforts and my best wishes to your success.:glasses:

Replies

• msdurski
    msdurski Posts: 2
    Just getting started on the P90X program and this site was a link to it. Just a nice gay guy here that has gotten out of shape due to stress over the last 5 years. I use to fluctuate between 170 and 175 with a 31 inch waist. Even though I was 53, most people though I was between 35 and 40. I want to get back to that self image but more importantly to rain the energy levels that I once had. Anyone that wants to chat about their situation , I am all ears and have been told I am a great listener. Hope to post progress here as I go along. Good luck to everyone on their efforts and my best wishes to your success.:glasses:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • ambie1098
    ambie1098 Posts: 16
    welcome, glad you are here!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Welcome and best of luck- you can do it.
  • kevmandfl
    kevmandfl Posts: 41
    Welcome
    This is great site and everyone is so nice and very helpful , you could not have found a better place.
    I have only been on here a month.
    Good luck in your journey.
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Hello, good luck :happy:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Nice to see and meet you. I wish you the best of luck. Hope to see you around
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Welcome!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome, best of luck to you! :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome and good luck. MFP is filled with people who are trying to make their lives better and improve their health. Keep working at this one day at a time and take baby steps.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Welcome! Check out the P90X threads- there are several. I'm starting week 2 tomorrow.:happy:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Welcome, It is GREAT to have you onboard...:flowerforyou:
    I have been with MFP on and off for years and have found it a great motivational tool.
    So I HAVE to ASK all of you all... Sorry that little bit of southern girl comes out every so often.
    What the HECK is P90X?
    --Diann...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    welcome to mfp:flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Diann,
    Others can probably tell you better, but P90X is a series of 12 workouts done in a particular order over 90 days to create muscle confusion. This allows your body to reach its full potential without your training leveling off, leading to a plateau. P90X is fairly intense and not for the novice to fitness and strength training. The introductory level is P90. If you're interested, search the threads for a better explaination and motivation!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.