THE MOST ANNOYING HUMANS

Options
2»

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    it could have nothing to do with you. It could be that you happened to be on their favorite machines. They might have been rude to read your stats but I know that at my very small gym there are 5 elliptical machines. I have my favorite, my back up which is right by my favorite and then the ones I just don't like. So if somebody is on my fave I end up right by them. No offense. It has nothing to do with them, I am a creature of habit and since I am gonna be there for 65 minutes, I have the right to feel comfy on my fave machine or second fave machine. If you don't like it move but don't belittle their want of exercise because you think they are too close to you. Worse case scenario is that they envy you.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    [
    As a "big sweaty lady" who "huffs and puffs away" at the gym trying to get myself healthy...all I can say to your comment is...ouch, that hurt.

I understand your irritation at being boxed in, I think everyone feels that way. Maybe next time...try not to be so harsh on people who are trying to better themselves?

I expect I'll catch some flack, and that's fine, but it's hard enough to haul my huge *kitten* to the gym knowing that I am being criticized while I'm there. When someone proves that I am being silently criticized, it just hurts, that's all.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI People that piss me off at the gym.. funny video.. soo true :)

LOL that was hilarious and I got sucked into watching some of her other videos she is pretty damn funny LOL if you get past the ridiculousness of it all that is...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

As a "big sweaty lady" who "huffs and puffs away" at the gym trying to get myself healthy...all I can say to your comment is...ouch, that hurt.

I understand your irritation at being boxed in, I think everyone feels that way. Maybe next time...try not to be so harsh on people who are trying to better themselves?

I expect I'll catch some flack, and that's fine, but it's hard enough to haul my huge *kitten* to the gym knowing that I am being criticized while I'm there. When someone proves that I am being silently criticized, it just hurts, that's all.

She has a point. Try to be a little more open-minded. Get over it, ignore them, & get on with focusing on YOUR workout.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    [

She's not talking about you though, so try not to take it personally. It's not!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they wanted to see what you were doing so they could look like you? I know when I was on the bike this morning, I was taking a peek at the screen of the very fit woman next to me. I though, maybe I should work a little harder. Maybe you should consider these things before being so harsh :flowerforyou: Though I do understand the being boxed in part. Unfortunately I had no other choice this morning but to be boxed in! :laugh:
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I start talking on my cell phone when someone does that. Or worse, I will sing. Lol. They usually finish up quickly!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If someone took the two machines right next to me, my first assumption would be that they want to watch the same tv as I'm watching. Or that, like me, they've noticed that there's the best airflow on that particular group of machines.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    People have to put up with me randomly cracking up a little if they get right beside me. I watch That 70's Show while on the elliptical and sometimes get cracked up at something.

JM
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I get equally peeved at that same thing! Seriously, go away.

I think it's something deep in our brains (instinct) that causes people to want to "be near" other people. Next time you go to any type of mega-mart, look at the people who park on the outskirts. It's not just the employees; it's customers who park near other cars for no reason. I try to park farther away these days, and I'll pick a spot at random, away from everybody else. When I come back, my car will be surrounded! For no reason!

I would've moved to make a point.

That car thing just sounds weird.... I always park in the back. I can't be bothered driving up and down aisles looking for a space. I think spot stalkers are lazy and they block the way so no one can get by. That's irritating and walking is good for me.

At my gym - there are certain treadmills that have better "cushion"... there are certain machines in front of a specific TV show... perhaps it has nothing to do with you. At my day gym there are 2 treadmills I prefer. If someone is next to them and there's a row of empty ones in front of me - too bad. They are my faves for a reason - easier on legs because of cushioning and one has a fan in it. So the person next to me can get annoyed, sing, talk - whatever - I won't notice because my music is so loud and I'm focusing on me, not them, and I'm running too fast to chat or sing.

I personally, I like having people near me, especially if they are working hard - it's motivating! Mostly when I go it's crowded enough that someone is always nearby.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I hatteee that! I like having personal space at the gym if there's room!