What was your last straw?

Options
13»

Replies

• mysticwonder
    Options
    Mine was seeing myself in pictures over the holidays. I was huge and looking unhappy. I'm at the end of week 3 and weighing in tomorrow. Very nervous, but working hard and hoping for the best!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I have no idea. I've been sick of being fat for years. But on day this past December it just *clicked*. I can't remember what did it. I'm just super grateful that it happened. I'd signed up for MFP last March, but never did anything with it. For some reason one Decemeber day I just found myself here again and I started logging calories. I honestly don't remember what prompted me to come here again. There was no final straw. It was so utterly random... I'll just call it divine inspiration. :wink:
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been fat since I was a baby, but I didn't realize how big I had gotten or how out of control my weight was until I saw a picture of me from my little brother's wedding. I remember thinking when the photo was taken how cute it would turn out.... boy was I wrong - It was horrifying. I thought to myself, "It's no wonder you're still single."

I hate that picture... so I put it on my mirror as a daily reminder to stay focused and stay on track.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    my nieces saying some horrible words that sounded as if they where embarrased to be seen with me in public. but they saved my life
  • Otrepsi
    Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've always been a little chubby, but ever since I can remember, I've always fit into 12/14 pants. My weight has very slowly been creeping up, and I hit 188 (3 lbs. over my highest previous weight) about the same time I needed a new pair of jeans. I couldn't fit into the same brand/type of jeans I've bought for the past 5 years at size 12/14, and that really pissed me off. Combine that with the dread of turning into my mother (who is size 18 right now and carries her weight about the same way I do) and I decided it was time for a change.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i saw a horrible picture of myself and bobby bacala from the sopranos popped in my head
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When I dicscovered that the only place I could shop were plus size stores and there was no way I was walking into a Laura Plus store....
  • azarazar
    Options
    Quite honestly, being too exhausted to spend that special time with my spouse.:blushing:
  • Tulipea
    Tulipea Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Realizing that most of my (new) jeans were getting snug. Putting on a pair that used to fit, and realizing I look like a denim sausage roll!!

Ohhhhh yeah i know that feeling XD I stopped wearing jeans for 4 years after that....

Mine was looking at me and my boyfriend before and after..... we started me: 170 Topping off at 250 him: 240 and then topping out at almost 300
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    First my blood pressure went sky high and I was maxed out on one drug and the Dr. had to add another. Then I had a small stroke (full recovery) and found out I have a gene mutation that predisposes me to blood clots and he added another drug! Then I realized that the 'cute' swimsuit I had worn all summer had 'maternity' on the tag. EEK! That was it for me!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Watching the scale hit 190. When i got married, I was high 160s.

JM