Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The 4 Hour Body

Hi everyone. My name's Justine, I'm from Melbourne AUS.

My trainer at the gym gave me a book to read - the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.

Has anyone read it or heard of it?

What do you think?

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Ferris is nothing but a snake-oil salesman.

If your trainer recommended this book, it's time to find a new trainer.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Well, I loaded up my stockboys with boxcutters and told them to play Wolverine when we received cartons of that book in for a signing. :devil:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    If your trainer recommended this book, it's time to find a new trainer.

^ I agree with this.
  • Greetings from Los Angeles! The book's fantastic, but also enormous. Good things is, you can find what you need very easily. You don't have to read it cover to cover! Hope that helps!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    when I first started I followed this diet for six weeks and yes I did lose weight. If anything it taught me to be mindful and structured about what I was eating, but six weeks was enough.
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    LoL... I know i said "my trainer" but she's not my trainer. I train myself - she just watches me and asks me questions about what I'm doing because she can see my results. I think i'm her trainer more than she's my trainer....

She bought the book and forgot why so she asked me to read it and interpret it for her.... heh...

I will be giving the ideas in the book a go starting Feb 1st. I'm interested to see how the diet will go, as well as the other bits and pieces that he recommends doing.

We'll see how it pans out...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    Hi everyone. My name's Justine, I'm from Melbourne AUS.

My trainer at the gym gave me a book to read - the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.

Has anyone read it or heard of it?

What do you think?
    First I would get rid of your trainer. Believe "broscience" shows that this trainer isn't well informed. Tim Ferris is just like Kevin Trudeau........................a snakeoil salesman.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    have read it. It's broscience 101.
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    what's Broscience?

is this a dude thing?
  • jschuett12
    jschuett12 Posts: 15 Member
    My husband follows 4hb and has had great results. He does it for a few months and then takes a month off but even on the off time, he is still mindfull of what he's eating. I couldn't do it. I love my carbs and fruit too much :) Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    what's Broscience?

is this a dude thing?

as in, you must eat every 3hrs with 30g of protein or you're metabolism will turn off & you're muscles will disappear.

It's basically, BS nutritional myths.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    It's basically, BS nutritional myths.

^ This.

And it's important to avoid them for the sake of simplicity.

If I told you you could lose bodyfat and increase your health markers by following Sidesteal's Master Plan™ which says that you should be: eating at a slight caloric deficit, lifting weights 3-5/week, consuming sufficient levels of macro and micronutrients, wearing a thong on your head and punching senior citizens in the crotch with one hand down your pants

I would be providing you with a method that will work, but as you can clearly see, the reasons that it would succeed are pretty straightforward and I've also included things that aren't necessary.

It's important to distinguish between necessity and myth so that we can free ourselves from the crap that isn't important.

This game is tough enough as it is sometimes.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Search 4 Hour Diet and read MrZZeroG's post..................or search MrZZeroG and find his response that way................enjoy!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Also the responses of mjbrenner..............