...Ugh

Options
I'm so disgusted with myself :cry: I ate soooo badly this weekend. I usually find it harder to stay within my 1200 calories on weekend and usually end up going a little over, but this weekend?? I might as well have just been called "garbage guts." I ate anything and everything in sight!! Fries, wings, Mcflurry, cookies, pizza, chips, ice cream....what the heck is wrong with me???
And what makes it even worse is that I have a huge paper to write today and all I want to do is go to the grocery store to get some Hershey Eggies because I have been craving them all weekend and keep thinking that maybe if I just had them, it would help me write my paper.
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! If I keep this up, I'll never be in the shape I wanted to be for my university graduation in 2 months :sad:
Sorry for ranting, I just had to get it out!

Replies

• Lynn1987
    Lynn1987 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm so disgusted with myself :cry: I ate soooo badly this weekend. I usually find it harder to stay within my 1200 calories on weekend and usually end up going a little over, but this weekend?? I might as well have just been called "garbage guts." I ate anything and everything in sight!! Fries, wings, Mcflurry, cookies, pizza, chips, ice cream....what the heck is wrong with me???
    And what makes it even worse is that I have a huge paper to write today and all I want to do is go to the grocery store to get some Hershey Eggies because I have been craving them all weekend and keep thinking that maybe if I just had them, it would help me write my paper.
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! If I keep this up, I'll never be in the shape I wanted to be for my university graduation in 2 months :sad:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up for it. In fact be glad you enjoyed yourself. Just get right back on the wagon and keep going. The more you dwell on it the worse it will be.
    No worries.:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

You really need to decide what your goals are in regards to this change your making..will it be a diet and temporary or will it be a lifestyle change. If a lifestyle change you need to think before you eat...and pre plan and log everything until you get in the habit of eating right. I suggest logging all your food for yesterday so you can see the amount of fats,sugars,carbs and sodium you had. It helps to stay accountable ..If you want the eggies eat 1-2 dont even bring the bag home or buy more than that....Do you excercise?...
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    myastyme is so rite! Forgive yourself, log it, pay attention to your choices. It's a learning process and you don't have to beat yourself up! I just know that when I reach my accomplishment of staying within my food plan for the day, I feel so good. That feeling is what is keeps me coming back for more! You can do it!!!!!:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    also, how are you eating duing the week? you said you're only eating 1200 cals- which is much too low for you. are you severely limiting the KINDS of food you eat too? From the sound of the splurge I'm gonna guess you are. Try allowing small treats during the week so you don't feel so deprived by the time you make it to the weekend, and maybe consider activites that don't put you in such close proximity to mcdonalds and bar food.
  • Lynn1987
    Lynn1987 Posts: 54
    Options
    Very true SpyGuy, the more I dwell on it, the more mad at myself I get. I did have a good weekend. My boyfriend and I have had a long distance relationship for almost 4 years and he came to visit this weekend so I think that's why I kind of "let myself go". It's almost like a mini vacation when he's here. We go out to eat, which I hardly ever do, we go visit his family and they always feed us well because we're "poor university students" lol So I guess I'll just accept that this doesn't happen every weekend and be glad I enjoyed myself!
    Myastyme you are very right as well. I do have a few things I"m trying to look good for (graduation in May, trip to Carribbean in May, sisters wedding in July) but I told myself when I started MFP I was not going to worry about my looks and just concentrate on being healthy...and that hasn't been happening lately! I think this weekend was a major wake up call! I logged all my food from the weekend. I think I ate about 2000 calories yesterday, although I ate so much I may have forgotten some things (eek!:noway: ) Oh like the 4 coolers I drank last night...crap! I'll have to go log those...
    I do excercise...I go to the gym Mon-THurs and sometimes Friday for yoga. I usually do a half hour of cardio, 15 minutes of stretching and abs, and 15 minutes of arms or legs (alternating days). I went for a run Friday since I didn't make it to yoga. And yesterday I did a few laps at the pool at the hotel where my bf's friends were staying. So all in all I think I'm overacting to this whole dilemma!
    I eat pretty well during the week. Usually oatmeal for breakfast, apple, banana, carrots sticks, toast, etc for lunch, and supper usually chicken or fish with some type of veggies and either rice, potatoes, or whole grain pasta. Maybe 1200 calories isn't enough for me? I don't know. I've tried keeping a favorite treat of mine in the freezer, peppermint patties, to have after supper everynight, (Just one) but I never end up having just one. I end up eating 4 or 5.
    Anyways I am rambling again!!! lol And my paper isn't going to write itself! BUt thank you all so much for your advice and words of encouragement!!! I really appreciate it!!!!:heart: