Clif Bar Diet.

Options
bp1984
bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
Ive been toying with the idea of starting a diet based around clif bars because of their dense nutrition value and energy support along with the fact if i eat 2 I'm full for about 4 hours. So i was thinking about consuming 6 a day 2 roughly every 4 hours while I'm at work. Mind you I'm in sales but on my feet most of the day. And hitting the gym after work (weights and cardio) and finishing the day with a light dinner. Veggies, salad etc....

Thoughts Questions Concerns?
Any and all Constructive feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Replies

• paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you love to eat. So why would you condemn yourself to eating 6 clif bars a day and a salad for dinner?! When you could be eating a wide variety of delicious food in proportion. And even your favourite foods, if you cook 'em up with a healthy spin on them.

Don't do this, any "diet" that involves an extreme of eating any one thing is just a bad idea.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    they are good but i think i'd get bored. what flavors do you like the best? i really like the chocolate brownie, cool mint, peanut butter toffee, coconut
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    not sure if you are serious with this post or not but if you are, you should avoid soy products. a clif bar now and then aint bad but 2 a day is too much. 6 a day is a really really bad idea.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Try doing something less stupid.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    They are not meant to be a meal replacement. Just because they have a lot of nutrients added to them does not mean they are nutritionally balanced to meet your needs. A quick look shows that one bar contains a lot of some nutrients, some that can be problematic if you eat too much. Plus it would get boring, fast.

But lets say it does work, and you lose weight. What are you going to do, eat this way for the rest of your life? Part of the weight loss journey is learning how to eat properly, prepare meals, and to learn a healthy relationship with food so that we can maintain the weight loss when we are at goal.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    from the apricot flavored clif bar-

Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Rice Starch, Barley Malt Extract], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Toasted Oats (Organic Oats, Organic Dried Cane Syrup), Dried Apricots (Apricots, Dried Cane Syrup, Rice Flour, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid), ClifCrunch® (Organic Oat Fiber, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Oat Bran, Psyllium), Organic Cane Syrup, Dried Apricots, Organic Date Paste, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Colored with Annatto.

lots of soy.....not good as a main food source...especially for men
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i think you'd be coming up a bit low on protein.
    i also think you would get sick of this plan after about 48 hours or so
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i would be worried about missing out on essential nutrients from real food. just as much as anyone i love the protein bars, but it's all about balance.