Wii Fit

Options
Wow.. The time rally flies when I am playing on the Wii Fit. I just went through half an hour and it seemed like 5 minutes. I felt it too...... or maybe that was the hour at the gym this morning!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Wow.. The time rally flies when I am playing on the Wii Fit. I just went through half an hour and it seemed like 5 minutes. I felt it too...... or maybe that was the hour at the gym this morning!
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have always been wanting to get a wii fit!! Is it worth the money?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I want one too!!!

But yea, they are kinda expensive for my budget right now :grumble:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    for sure. It tracks your weight and gets you moving. Its not a big sweatfest but its a fun video game with the added bonus of getting some activity. My fitness coach is good too, its a lot like a DVD but lets you customize more options.
  • DaniU617
    Options
    My Fitness Coach? Is that a game for the wii fit or just for the wii?
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    My Fitness Coach doesn't use the Wii Fit, just the Wii. You can customize by telling it what kind of equipment you have at home such as: stability ball, hand weights, heart rate monitor and then it gives you some exercises that incorporate those things. It gives you how many calories you burned after you workout, but I don't know how accurate it is.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Oh yeah, it is also only $30 at Target, which is better than the $90 for the Wii Fit.
  • DaniU617
    Options
    Thank you very much that was very helpful!!! I will have to look into it.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Coach doesn't use the Wii Fit, just the Wii. You can customize by telling it what kind of equipment you have at home such as: stability ball, hand weights, heart rate monitor and then it gives you some exercises that incorporate those things. It gives you how many calories you burned after you workout, but I don't know how accurate it is.

I have My Fitness Coach.. it is great. I do have a heart rate monitor and My Fitness Coach seems to calculate a little lower than my HRM but that depends on me because it has you do tests with your hrm in the beginning (sit for a period of time and get a resting heart rate, 2 minute jumping jacks to get your higher end heart rate.. that way it can calculate about where your heart rate should be while doing the exercises and then uses it to estimate your calories burned). I recommend it. :happy:
  • shariweber
    Options
    My husband wanted to get me wii fit for Christmas, but they were sold out so I picked one up a couple of weeks ago.
    It is so much fun, we fight over it.
    It is not a big ol' sweatfest, that is true, but it is a fun activity and I really like the strength training part since I hate doing that.
    The hula is fun and everyone seems to love it.
    I think it is worth it just to give me something to do when I don't really want to work hard, but want to do something.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I bought it - but haven't gotten into it all yet. Don't like that I can't just step on and do a 30 min step workout non-stop.