quarter pound loss the first week...

Options
Aleyonce
Aleyonce Posts: 43 Member
Hi guys!! Im new to the message board and i just wanted to ask you all a question. Im 5'5 228 pounds and i lost a quarter pound my first week of exercising. i have a trainer and all and i was a little disappointed because i wanted to lose a pound. Has this happen to anyone?

Replies

• BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you have a trainer and you follow the program, you will lose the pounds. Don't sweat the week. And yes, I've had weeks where I worked my but off only to lose 1/10th of a pound. All the more motivation to work harder the next week. I have also had weeks where I lost 5 pounds. Fluctuations are normal, it is the average number that matters most. And like the poster below, add me as a friend if you'd like, anytime you want you can share an experience and I'll tell you if I or my friends have experienced it.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't lose anything my first week! It took awhile for me to get used to eating the right portions and healthy foods (though i am a carb and sugar junkie!) I have everything in moderation ;)

Don't be disheartened! Your body works in mysterious ways, just keep going and you'll start to see results. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like we can help each other.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting to work out for the first time there's a good chance that you are retaining a lot of water. Take measurements of your waist, hips, arms, and thighs and take some before pictures. Then in 2 weeks take your measurements again, you may not see the scale move a whole lot, but you should definitely see some inches lost!
  • Aleyonce
    Aleyonce Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!! Its just a bit hard because i know i can do the exercise routine... its just that im not sure how to go about it. I sent my trainer Dr ian food plan to see if that would work well for me. He told me to cut down on the carbs which i have but i just want to make sure im doing this correctly. Im spending alot of money and just want to lose the 40 pounds by May or June.

So far i have myself 1750 calories a day but it says im not eating enough so i know i have to work on that. everyday im left with at least 800 calories
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!