need encouragement....please!!

Options
this is a tough gig, and although i have been working on the weight loss for 2wks alone and just getting started with MFP last week, i have been exercising, at least 30 min on the treadmill 3 times a week since jan 1. i really started looking at what i eat or how much and am logging my food pretty faithfully. missed 1 day. i am the same weight or actually gained a pound!!! oh where oh where have i gone wrong! :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :sad:

Replies

• esteticistalatina
    esteticistalatina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in the same boat. I started on the 17th, have been under the calories goal and exercising everyday, have not lost a pound.
    I believe it will eventually give me the results I want. Eating much less, drinking 64 to 80 oz. or water and exercising every day has to work sooner or later. Maybe our metabolism is so slugish. Be patien and faithful. God will bless it.:flowerforyou:
  • TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You havent gone wrong, just keep at it.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    You just started. Give yourself like 2 months just to get your cardio system used to oxygen intake and to where its able to transform in your blood, and all that stuff. And, watch this. Really, watch it. http://youtu.be/NdnjoRCRyfk
  • mrsred79
    Options
    I have the same issue. It's always been that way for me. It can be frustrating because it seems like all my friends start some new diet or start exercising and they drop weight like it's a suit they can take off. At least at first. But I focus on the fact that I'm making healthy changes I can sustain for the rest of my life instead of just temporarily. Hang in there! It may be slow...but it will happen!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip. misery loves company, it is good to know someone else is trying hard also. i keep hearing God say to me, in a small still voice, everyday.... trust.... the next.....faith. i think this is really more of a spirtual battle for me. i do not feel i lean on God as i should, and i like to do what i like to do. maybe this is God's way of getting my attention and quietly beating my head into the wall until i listen.
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks tony! this is my first real attempt at weight loss. it is a mental workout as well.