Haha! First Unsolicited Message!

Options
I have received my first unsolicited message about my food diary! I was told that, "Your (sic) not gonna loose (sic) any weight if you eat so much at night. no offense"

Hehe - it feels like an accomplishment or something!

Oh, and for the non-grammar nerds, "(sic)" means the word before it was misspelled when I received the message, but I know that it is grammatically wrong. :wink: I'm a total grammar nerd. 0.0

Replies

• kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    That's a NSV in my book! At least they show they care :laugh:
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That's a NSV in my book! At least they show they care :laugh:

Haha! Yeah totally! It wasn't even a friend of mine - just some random person. LOL

I DO eat a TON of calories after my proper dinner, because I usually workout either right before dinner or right after, and I'm starving when I'm done! It's all within my "budget", so I enjoy every last calorie! :tongue:
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    You need to loosen you're wait!
  • Virginia90
    Options
    You need to loosen you're wait!

:laugh: That sentence makes my head hurt!!
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had one of those messages early on too and I was so mad because it was such a nitpicking thing... I had the calories and I was working a 16 hour shift so I had a Freddo Frog (For you non-Aussies, it's chocolate 40g ~180 cal). Every thing else that day had been salad, protein and good carbs and some one decides to chastise me for my 40g of chocolate?! Sometimes people take this WAY to seriously. I'm all above everything in moderation!
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    we should all remember the movie BAMBI when thumpers mom said to him" if you can't say something nice then don't say nothing at all"
    i think as long as you are logging food in and trying to work out you've got half the battle won!! life is short lets help eachother
  • Virginia90
    Options
    I had one of those messages early on too and I was so mad because it was such a nitpicking thing... I had the calories and I was working a 16 hour shift so I had a Freddo Frog (For you non-Aussies, it's chocolate 40g ~180 cal). Every thing else that day had been salad, protein and good carbs and some one decides to chastise me for my 40g of chocolate?! Sometimes people take this WAY to seriously. I'm all above everything in moderation!

Lol I wonder why people think it's okay to randomly message people about what they ate when they didn't ask. There was one day I had I think FOUR of my Strawberry Smoothie bars - and they were very delicious! And then another day, my mother-in-law served me about 1/6 of a Turtle Pie (after I first rejected the piece that was 1/4th of the pie!!) and I decided to just eat it. It was over 500 calories but AMAZING. I dare someone to tell me I can't have the occasional treat. I don't bring it into the house (with the exception of the low calorie frozen yogurt bars - and only 1 box each shopping trip, which is like every 1-2 weeks), so it isn't like I'm eating all my calories in sugar. If I can't have my indulgences, then I can't make this a permanent change. I refuse to set myself up for failure! :smile:
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    OMG how annoying, yep taken way too seriously, I'd be deleting or blocking said,'Friend." MFP is about support not to be condescending. If that is an appropriate word.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    we should all remember the movie BAMBI when thumpers mom said to him" if you can't say something nice then don't say nothing at all"
    i think as long as you are logging food in and trying to work out you've got half the battle won!! life is short lets help eachother

We also had a saying when our kids were young, 'Think it, but don't say it'
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The food police... they sneak around, sniffing, snooping and adding, you gotta laugh.
  • Virginia90
    Options
    OMG how annoying, yep taken way too seriously, I'd be deleting or blocking said,'Friend." MFP is about support not to be condescending. If that is an appropriate word.

They weren't even a "friend," just some random person! I just blocked them - wasn't even going to take the two seconds to say thanks for the advice!
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm... caramel Freddo...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Haha...

How foolish they must be to think the time of day you eat affects your weight loss! A calorie in is a calorie in and vice versa a calorie out is a calorie out, I've always eaten late and has never affected me, in fact better weight loss as when I eat early when I'm not hungry I tend to go over my calories through late night hunger pangs, which I don't get if I eat late! Some morons around I am afraid!

I bet they're the kind of person that believes you burn more calories doing the same exercise in the morning than in the evening too...

*sigh*

Keep doing what you're doing and sticking to what works.
  • hornedone
    hornedone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    calories in < calories out. time doesn't matter.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Saw the coolest image on here earlier today and I stole it cuz I think it is totally appropriate for situations like this.

disclaimer.png

I know people are just trying to help, but some days I think they forget they don't actually know everything...
  • Virginia90
    Options
    Saw the coolest image on here earlier today and I stole it cuz I think it is totally appropriate for situations like this.

disclaimer.png

I know people are just trying to help, but some days I think they forget they don't actually know everything...

Ha! I love it!

"But a doctor on TV said..." *sigh*
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    That's why my diary is only open to friends :)

I must have done all possible variations of when I eat the most. I'm happier not being at all hungry in the day and a bit peckish at night, if I'm losing, because if it gets too much I can just go to sleep! ;)

I'm not a clean eater most of the time, so I hate to think what that hateful person would have thought of my diary...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hah congratulations. what sort of shape was the person who sent it in?
  • gabadabadoo
    Options

Oh, and for the non-grammar nerds, "(sic)" means the word before it was misspelled when I received the message, but I know that it is grammatically wrong. :wink: I'm a total grammar nerd. 0.0

Okay so 'sic' actually means 'thus' or 'so' - or in other words, that the word or phrase has been transcribed exactly as it appeared in the original text - often used when the text has an odd spelling or mis-spelling - but not in all cases. I am an even bigger nerd! :wink:
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    I think what it is, is that your food diary is public to ANY MFP member, go into your settings and allow it for your MFP pals only. I'd hate to have that privacy breach.