Happy...but also sad

Options
2»

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Will I sound like an idiot if I was to ask what is 30ds?

You don't sound idiot at all, I was asking myself the same question a few weeks back :laugh:
    30DS is for 30 Day Shred, an exercise DVD from Jillian Michael's (coach on Biggest losers).
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Will I sound like an idiot if I was to ask what is 30ds?

30 Day Shred by Jillian micheals
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

I'm so glad I read this post! I've started the 30DS also and my scale went up and I was about to cry. I do feel my muscles working even on my off days. I think I'll just put the scale away until I'm done with this program and take it back out when I start to train for my 10K.
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    I hear ya! The first two weeks I was up two pounds - I felt like I should have lost 10 since I "thought I was going to die" as Jillian says. However, my husband said, "I noticed you look different in the sweater dress you had on, like your back is smoother" (For those of us with back fat - this was a huge boost!)

No scale in the world could have given me that feedback.

I am on my third week and the scales is now down the 2 that I gained and another 2. I took measurements and photos and can notice a big difference just after level one.

Keep at it!
  • bobalouie16
    bobalouie16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I believe 30 day shred is about building muscle to boost metabolism to then burn fat. Well Muscle weighs the same as fat but takes up less space. so you may weigh the same or more but you are burning fat and gaining muscle. Which is why your measurements are shrinking but your scale is not going down. I would rather weight 132lbs and be a size 4 than weigh 128 lbs and be a size 8... right?
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I completely relate to this right now! We're doing a "Biggest Loser" competition at work so I have to weigh myself... today was the weekly "weigh-in" day. I have been eating right and exercising like crazy. I lost less than a pound since last week's weigh-in. :grumble: It makes me feel better to read that my muscles may be retaining water. I hope that's true. In any case, you're not alone!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am now on day 24 and I lost 4 inches off my waist, about 2 in. off my chest, and inch off my: arms, legs, thighs, and neck. Even though I did not lose much weight I see a difference now, and my clothes are a lot looser! :smile:
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    Im def starting 30 DS on March 1st.. congrats on your loss!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!