ahh! carbs!

shannahrose
shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i'm noticing that i'm consistently over on my carbs, but staying w/in my calories. what are some favorites that you eat that are low in carbs?

thanks!
shannah

Replies

• shannahrose
    i'm noticing that i'm consistently over on my carbs, but staying w/in my calories. what are some favorites that you eat that are low in carbs?

thanks!
    shannah
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Most dairy is fairly low in carbohydrates, and all natural meats--poultry, fish, and red meat. Most of my protein comes from soy milk, nut butters, lean beef, chicken, and cheese.
  • That depends.... Can you tell which of your foods are putting you over? Fruit used to do it to me until I switched to some lower carb fruits.... Are you eating a lot of starch-like snacks? My sister introduced me to dipping cucumber slices in humus... it was suprisingly good! It is very low in calories and carbs and it satisfied my "snack-craving"....
  • shannahrose
    That depends.... Can you tell which of your foods are putting you over? Fruit used to do it to me until I switched to some lower carb fruits.... Are you eating a lot of starch-like snacks? My sister introduced me to dipping cucumber slices in humus... it was suprisingly good! It is very low in calories and carbs and it satisfied my "snack-craving"....

what fruits do you eat that are lower carb? i think we might have found the problem! thanks!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Veggies like celery, cucumbers. broccoli, cauliflower are low in carbs. Berries are about the only fruits that are very low.
    Eggs, meat, cheese are low in carbs.
  • Cantalope is the first that comes to mind as well as other types of melon.
    check this site out...it might help!

http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/low-carb-fruits.html
This discussion has been closed.