Hi - I'm Robin

Options
My name is Robin.

I turn 40 this August and am dying to lose weight.

I am 5'0 feet and currently weigh 148 or maybe 140 but we will get to that......

I just went to the doctor and was diagnosed with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!! Oh hells no!

I need this to go down and not feel so icky!!!

Here is my issue - I weighed myself at work (we have a scale in our bathroom - dont ask) There I weighed about 150. Then went to the doctor last thursday and weighed 148. Ok good - I have been trying with eating better for a few weeks now. Today I finally dug out my scale and opened it (it was still in the box) and it said 140!!!! :noway: I didnt lose 8 lbs in just a few days did I??? :noway:

So the scale at work and Dr's was digital - the one at home is the dial type that you set to zero with the roller thing - so what do I weigh???

Please help!

Oh and good to meet you all! :smile:

Replies

• RobinJamie
    Options
    My name is Robin.

I turn 40 this August and am dying to lose weight.

I am 5'0 feet and currently weigh 148 or maybe 140 but we will get to that......

I just went to the doctor and was diagnosed with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!! Oh hells no!

I need this to go down and not feel so icky!!!

Here is my issue - I weighed myself at work (we have a scale in our bathroom - dont ask) There I weighed about 150. Then went to the doctor last thursday and weighed 148. Ok good - I have been trying with eating better for a few weeks now. Today I finally dug out my scale and opened it (it was still in the box) and it said 140!!!! :noway: I didnt lose 8 lbs in just a few days did I??? :noway:

So the scale at work and Dr's was digital - the one at home is the dial type that you set to zero with the roller thing - so what do I weigh???

Please help!

Oh and good to meet you all! :smile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    The doctor's office one was probably the most accurate but remember theres always water weight to think about, your weight can fluctuate a few pounds or so. GOOD LUCK!!!! and WELCOME!

~Leash :heart:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

My belief with scales is consistency, same scale, same day, same time of day and in your birthday suit. You will know how much you have lost or gained on a comparable basis. Also remember that your weight can flucuate by as much as 5lbs in a day.