Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

walking shoes (aus)

I recently did a number of long walks on bike paths and my feet ended up soooo sore..
so i think i need to invest in some decent shoes to protect my poor feet from pain
can anyone suggest some good shock absorbing shoes for women attainable in australia
i can fit into kids size 5/6 if it helps
thanks!

Replies

• Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Hello,

I'm male so probably not a lot of help in suggesting brands etc...but know your pain only too well! Bike paths are awesome, great way to get out and about without breathing in traffic fumes...

Couple of things - where are your feet hurting? Depending on where it is, you may need additional support in the arch of your foot which may mean getting orthotics, especially if you plan on continue walking frequently. I have sports orthotics for both my running and walking shoes (yep, different pairs...) and they're like walking / running on air. Mine were recommended by a physio and once I had the first set I ended up buying a second matching set online - it was about $50 plus postage.

Also, are you stretching your legs before / during walks? This can make a bit of a difference especially if you're walking on gradients / inclines.

And onto the main q - where to source shoes from - http://www.stringersports.com.au/ has a really good selection and is consistently cheaper than Rebel Sports and the shoe shops. My wife wears Brooks shoes for walking and now buys them online from Stringer.
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    mostly hurting on the balls of my feet had some sort of blistery type things forming under the thick sole part!
    my old shoes are pretty average, Etnies skate shoes..
  • I went to the Athletes foot and got fitted for a pair of the best and most comfortable shoes i have ever had! They are "Brooks" brand and have a really thick cushioned sole on them. I have tiny feet too but they will measure and fit you exactly. They were $200 dollars but well worth every cent. I would wear them all day if i could.
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    maybe i should do that too, thanks kellie