New to MFP

Options
Hey guys, i guess the food dairy creates an awareness of the food you eat? I thought I was eating healthy to lose weight. Until i filled in the food dairy and discovered I eat WAY too much!!!!

Replies

• bexkee
    bexkee Posts: 20
    Options
    The food diary is quite the eye opener! My issue is the wine intake, I never knew there were so many cals in a glass of wine..I'm sure it's all a lie.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I thought I was eating healthy now I know I don't eat enough. I work full time and have a family at home I am also doing some courses through distance ed. Today I am working on meeting my calorie goal just a few calories short.
  • SallyBowden
    SallyBowden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good on you summergirl73 ..I guess not eating enough is as bad as eating too much - take care :)

Bexkee, 4 glasses of wine 270 calories - that's half my breakfast. I've got to prioritise ..I'm cutting out the butter.
  • slimjelly
    slimjelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've not used a food diary before so it'll be a first for me, I already know I eat to much. I probably drink a bottle of bubbly far to often (Christmas and New Year was particularly bad) but from now on I'm going to make it only to celebrate weight loss milestones. :)
    I'd be interested to know how you easy or hard you find the daily entering of the food diary and if you plan in advance what you'll write in it and use it as a guide to what you will eat. I haven't had a good look around the site so I'm wondering how to make best use of the amazing tools at MFP
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The one thing I like about the diary is that it makes me feel like I'm holding myself accountable for what I eat. Although it is embarassing to have to input "(10 servings... Brownies... Lunch)"... :). because I do sometimes find it hard to be honest with myself. I try to think of it the way I would a really mean person... I always say "how do they look at themselves in the mirror every morning?" If it is that hard to look at what I'm eating everyday, than I probably shouldn't be eating it... Otherwise I'm just a mean girl.. being a total BIOTCH to my body... :)
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The food diary is awesome! I never really recorded what I was eating before; I changed my diet and started recording all at the same time. But I look forward to reaching maintenance and seeing how I go keeping my weight steady..
  • laurenrose24
    laurenrose24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when i first filled out the diary i found out how much chocolate i was eating. it stacked up my calorie count pretty fast. before i knew it i was over my calorie goal. welcome and good luck with your journey :)