Tips and Tricks to get out of bed early in the morning?

Options
13»

Replies

• StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Have breaky. Its only something new i have started myself a week and half ago! But in that short time I am noticing I am able to wake up sooner and stay awake longer before 'flake out need more coffee midday' time.

just wondering, what is "breaky?" sounds like something I could use!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    My Grand Mothers sure fire way to stop you going back to sleep was to release a dozen rats into your bed as soon as the alarm goes off. I hope this helps
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've tried many of these, and most of them worked for me....at first. Then, my brain/body got used to them, and I would somehow manage to turn off the alarms in my sleep. I kid you not....I wake up an hour or so later w/ no memory of hearing or turning off an alarm clock. It's very frustrating. This would happen to me even if I went to bed early the night before. I've just resigned myself to working out in the afternoon/evening. Hope you find something that works for you. Hopefully, you're not like me, and for you it's just a frame of mind and you're not physically incapable of waking up when the alarm goes off.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm amused that everyone wears workout clothes. I work out at home and just wear my underwear. Oops.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot a really important thing-Good quality sleep! when my husband noted that I snored and "snorted" loudly in my sleep sometimes, it was because my breathing was stopped briefly. Not true sleep apnea, just breathing cessation. I got a mouthpiece called "snore-eze" (got mine from Amazon.com) that you customize to fit your own mouth. I was skeptical but it really works! Took about 3 nights to get used to it, but I get much deeper sleep and wake feeling a lot more rested. If I forget to wear it I can tell that I did not sleep as well.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Just get up and do it. If someone was going to pay you $100,000 to get up at 5:00 am, you'd be able to do it. Without even batting an eye.
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have a alarm app on my phone that makes you solve math problems to snooze/turn off the alarm, does the job nicely =)

I need the name of this app!
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try getting a workout buddy! If I'm waking up to workout on my own, I will ALWAYS hit the snooze. But if I know there is someone waiting on me, I will get my butt out of bed!
  • AleciaF
    AleciaF Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "I have a alarm app on my phone that makes you solve math problems to snooze/turn off the alarm, does the job nicely =)

I need the name of this app!"

Freaky Alarm is on the Iphone. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it would actually get me up.
    Alecia
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I get up around 5am to get my runs in. I live in Florida, and it can get pretty hot. I turn on lots of lights everywhere, and drink a full glass of water. I also put my alarm on the other side of the room so I have to get up to shut it off.