it has to be said...

Options
I freakin hate working out, seriously, I'll get dressed in my workout clothes and start cleaning my apartment just to avoid the gym.

I'll even watch Fitness TV in my workout clothes...WATCH...not participate in...someone help!!!!

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I freakin hate working out, seriously, I'll get dressed in my workout clothes and start cleaning my apartment just to avoid the gym.

I'll even watch Fitness TV in my workout clothes...WATCH...not participate in...someone help!!!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hey! That is how I started... I used to watch Biggest Loser in my workout clothes before I actually did do something and found MFP
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Thats how I get myself into it. I start watching a fitness video and soon it looks so fun that I want to do it too. My problem is putting in the DVD, I always find something else to do. Yet some how I can always fit in Tv, huh time is funny.
  • ericajewel
    Options
    I completely agree! I am starting to like excercising more because it makes me feel good.....but sometimes I hate it!!!!!!!!! idk why?? it just seems like something else in this busy life to slow you down!! lol....but then I realize I have to take care of myself before I can really take care of my family:happy: I feel soooooooo much better when I am excercising regularly.....but dont worry....I am sure we are all in the "I hate excercise" group at some point:laugh:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    now that i have started back to the gym I LOVE going. I feel so much better when I am done. Perhaps you need to find more "fun" things at the gym to do, a class of some kind, swimming, sport, something other than just a machine, to change things up a bit
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If the gym is not fun for you try and find something active that is fun, swimming, bike, walking,...

Or see if you can find someone to go to the gym with.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    don't get me wrong, I go, but sometimes it takes me 2 days to get motivated...oi
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    I understand exactly what you mean! I will find every excuse in the world not to go, just like I did today. Once I get to the gym, I'm totally fine. It's just that I really dread going sometimes!
  • utexashorns
    Options
    I think this post is freaking hysterical! I don't have a problem with exercise, but I can certainly relate to the procastination aspect of avoiding things you are loathe to do!

Here is my idea: get some awesome tunes o your mp3 and just go on a walk until you start feeling motivated to do other types of workouts. At least a walk is getting you moving and creating a healthier habit.
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have started to enjoy exercise more and more over the past few months. You just have to find something that you somewhat enjoy, force yourself to get moving, and eventually it won't be so bad! I found that is especially important to work out on the days that you want to the least. When I do, about 15 minutes into the workout I am completely energized!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    "If there is a voice inside your head that says you cannot paint, by all means paint and that voice will be silenced."

~~~Vincent Van Gogh
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I know, what motivates me is the monthly fee, I want to get my money's worth, that's what makes me go, plus its on the way home from work, and subway's right down the road going home. I still feel self conscious at the gym, even after 3 months going.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    "If there is a voice inside your head that says you cannot paint, by all means paint and that voice will be silenced."

~~~Vincent Van Gogh

whoa. . .that's my new favorite quote!:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others are saying, you don't HAVE to go to the gym! There are lots of other ways to get exercise. I'm not a big fan of gym machines either.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    If you belong to a gym I highly suggest taking the group classes! It can be sooo boring working out by yourself on the treadmill, elliptical, weights, etc... but if you're in a group class, you have an instructor and the other participants motivating you AND you won't give up early (who walks out of class)? I love going to the gym, but the key is to find something you enjoy. There are 5 or 6 different classes at the gym that I participate in. After a while, you start to make friends too! Good luck!:happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options

~~~Vincent Van Gogh

whoa. . .that's my new favorite quote!:heart:

V,

That quote has pulled me through some self-doubting issues lately. It really works, too. When I am debating something in my head, I am unhappy. If I decide not to do something that is good for me, I am unhappy, but once I decide To Do It - whatever It is - I am at peace. The nagging doubts are gone.

C
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I work out after work but before dinner. If I know I can't eat dinner until I finish my workout, then believe me, I'm going to get to it and git er done so I can eat me some dinner. Problem solved...no procrastination!:happy:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I hated it too - and I always hated gym class when you had to jump around IN FRONT of people. I started by power walking outside, because walking to me wasn't really exercise. Now, I like it. I hate getting ON the treadmill, but now I like to keep going once I'm on it.