Is Coca Cola on Coke?

Options

Replies

• shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola is great stuff . . . for cleaning grease stains off your driveway; but keep it away from your body.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    I often rehydrate myself with a coke and a hamburger.... KIDDING OBVIOUSLY!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Lots of marathoners and triathletes use it on course during races. Its a great boost packed with cals

How would they get on with the gases involved in coke though? I would end up with a stomach ache I reckon.

I can definitely see how it would be good for energy during a marathon though.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Whilst flat soda, such as Coke, does have some limited rehydration benefits the actual amounts of electrolytes, sodium and potassium are quite low so I wouldn't consider it an effective remedy. I think if someone simply cannot stomach the readily available rehydration sachets or tablets or they do not have any to hand it may serve some purpose.

All in all I think it is spinning a health benefit which it doesn't really deserve.

Personally I like full sugar Coke and Dr Pepper simply for the taste and will be content with that.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Mm soda! Oh how I miss you running through me

me too!!!!
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that I'm hooked on diet soda. It's been harder to try to quit drinking diet Dr pepper than it ever was to quit smoking!!

I was ADDICTED to Diet Pepsi for YEARS...Like for 10 years I drank at LEAST 3 diet-pepsi's a day...And about a month ago...Hubby and I decided to stop...I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY THIS: I DON'T EVEN MISS IT!

I don't know if it's because my body was just sick of it but I don't even crave it...

You can do it :)

Signed,
    An addict who used to carry around a sash in her purse...;)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Lots of marathoners and triathletes use it on course during races. Its a great boost packed with cals

True story. And there is nothing like a Coke and a Snickers bar when you're halfway thru a climb up a mountain.
    I drink pop maybe twice a week, and don't pretend it's a health food. It's like wine to me. A regular treat.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Covo-cola aka COCAINE COLA is a hell of a drug

http://www.naturalnews.com/032658_Coca-Cola_cocaine.html
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! If people choose not to drink soda that is fine but don't go on a witch hunt and shame people who may choose to. That's between them, their physician and whoever else they choose to hold them accountable with diet/nutrition. Not the general public!
    a) It will rehydrate you
    b) Caffeine may be a dieuretic but doesn't have that GREAT effect to dehydrate you
    c) diet coke has virtually no calories or fat - never really affected me
    d) Full sugar/regular coke could be quite good for someone who's depleted as the sugars will help elevate blood glucose
    e) Everything in moderation (as long as you're not intolerant/allergic it's actual poison)
    f) So long as you maintain good oral hygiene, it won't be an issue for your teeth
    g) It tastes good
    h) It never affected me or my workout performance... I suspect anyone that claims it does to them significantly is overlooking something else

Whether its the best thing to re-hydrate you or even the best thing for you or not is another thing. Don't be scaring people off drink pop/soda... it's not fair or sensible or valid.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

How would they get on with the gases involved in coke though? I would end up with a stomach ache I reckon.

I can definitely see how it would be good for energy during a marathon though.

They serve it flat.

Most races will have it at aid stations along with warm broth, water, and electrolytes.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

But I don't like the taste of beer ...

Can I have a frozen mudslide instead?

Only if you share with me! :drinker:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Coca Cola is great stuff . . . for cleaning grease stains off your driveway; but keep it away from your body.

Does that work?? Would it work on interlocking? lol we have tons from the crappy newspaper delivery car.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

me too!!!!

24 days pepsi free not gonna lie there are days I miss it..
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, soda WILL hydrate you. That isn't a lie.

Yes, it's full of sugar and calories, but also water.

People are allowed to make their own decisions. Coke has been around a heck of a lot longer than this obesity problem. And plenty of people are overweight who never drink soda of any kind. Or wat fast food. In fact, I know many people who are overweght who probably eat healthier foods than most people on this site, just more than they should.

Coke is a company trying to make money. Are they supposed to advertise that if you drink the product you'll be fat?

Someone works for Coke.

But you have to admit ppl are drinking more soda then they ever have. It doesn't matter if coke has been here for along time or not. When coke first came out to the market it actually had Cocaine in it. So because they are trying to make money that gives them the right to do what ever they want? Not saying that they should say it makes you fat but they shouldn't advertise that it hydrates you because thats a complete lie.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Covo-cola aka COCAINE COLA is a hell of a drug

http://www.naturalnews.com/032658_Coca-Cola_cocaine.html
    And that's another point.
    Does it bother anybody that these scammers lace these drinks with addictive chemicals?
    That fact, as it stands alone, should be enough.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

But I don't like the taste of beer ...

Can I have a frozen mudslide instead?

Only if you share with me! :drinker:

C'mon over!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Options

me too!!!!

24 days pepsi free not gonna lie there are days I miss it..

Good for you!! And Pepsi IS the better choice, anyway. ;)

Ok ok not starting a coke-pepsi argument here folks. :)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am a soda addict so I do not share your disgust, lol.

I limit myself to 1 caffeine free coke a day. One of these days I hope to be off the stuff.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Options
    Doesn't the caffeine in it (if regular coke) affect hydration???
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, soda WILL hydrate you. That isn't a lie.

Yes, it's full of sugar and calories, but also water.

People are allowed to make their own decisions. Coke has been around a heck of a lot longer than this obesity problem. And plenty of people are overweight who never drink soda of any kind. Or wat fast food. In fact, I know many people who are overweght who probably eat healthier foods than most people on this site, just more than they should.

Coke is a company trying to make money. Are they supposed to advertise that if you drink the product you'll be fat?

Someone works for Coke.

But you have to admit ppl are drinking more soda then they ever have. It doesn't matter if coke has been here for along time or not. When coke first came out to the market it actually had Cocaine in it. So because they are trying to make money that gives them the right to do what ever they want? Not saying that they should say it makes you fat but they shouldn't advertise that it hydrates you because thats a complete lie.

What people? I drink less soda now (barely have one a year, if that) than I ever did. Growing up, that was all anyone drank. And they were all of healthy, normal weights. I used to have Pepsi and pizza every day after school when we didn't go to McDonald's. I was a size 3. In fact, I started gaining weight when I stopped eating junk food.

I don't work for Coke, I don't even drink it except on EXTREMELY rare occassions. But I do believe that people are responsible for their own decisions and you can't blame a company for the choices people make.