Hi - New here and looking for inspiration

Hi I'm 42 years old and living in Liverpool, England

I am currently 180 pounds, I think my ideal weight would be somewhere between 140-150 pounds as i am 5ft 6"

I lost 33pounds last year and got down from 196 pounds to 163 but alas went back up to 190 very quickly, i have lost ten pounds since 3rd January by reducing my carbs and attempting to stay within my calorie limit.

i have grown up daughters and a 9 year old son and would genuinely like to make new friends
i work full time ( sitting in an office) and have very little time or finances to join a gym.. but would like to introduce excercise into my plan

thanks x

Replies

• jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Hi there! I have a long way to go, but the more friends I have the easier it'll be... Feel free to add me =D

I have similar issues with getting to a gym... I don't have the money or the time to join up. While I realize this isn't the ideal way to go, I've started using the Wii Fit as my main exercise, and walking and stretching out whenever possible. I have also had good luck with the 10 minute (miracle?) pilates dvd (about $15 in Walmart) that comes with resistance bands... I just can't use it at the moment because my wrist is in a brace =(

Good luck!
  • Hi, I have been blessed with the Xbox connect. there dance central game will help you burn the calories and have fun with your kids.
    watching your calories is a must, however make sure you are watching your good carbs verses your bad ones. you have to be able to properly fuel your self. to feel good.. Good Luck God Bless.
  • cafren23
    cafren23 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi there,
    I am new also.
    I lost 10lbs my first week doing this programme. On my second week now. I walk everyday, only 20 mins. But I have just found out that a few of my local gyms do "pay-as-you-go". €8 for 2 hours. I might do that once a week just to do some proper toning exercises.
    I was 238lbs when I started. I want to get down to about 190lbs and then I'll see how much more I want to lose.

Keep going with it. I'll be worth it.
  • You'll find that a lot of people on here don't belong to a gym and never have. I myself don't either. I do elliptical and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred from home. :) I have the Xbox Kinect too and that is a BLAST for sure and a great calorie burn! Just take it day by day and use the resources on the site. I have learned so much about how to eat healthier on here - how much, what to eat, etc. Remember you can't change over night, it takes time. I have slowly added more fruit and veggies and smaller portions for meat and carbs. You'll get it. Good luck!!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Welcome to MFP!! There is so much information, friendship and support here. Good luck on your weight loss journey!! If you would like to add me, feel free
  • Hi and welcome anyone in this post can feel free to add me. I am low in funds too and was determined to make this a fun journey and so I have taken up belly dance at home. I have reviewed many dvds let me know if you are interested and I will give you the names just send me a message. I really like the ones I have.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I purchased workout DVD's from the store so I can do exercises from home. I do have a gym membership (I got it cheap) and go there 4 days a week, but I still have to work out at home on those and other days. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Running and walking are free, as is standing, so stand more at work. Walk to/from work if you can. Don't do shopping online, go out and about and carry a handbasket... Get a workout DVD...do it when you do have time. Some decent workouts take less than 30 minutes (Jillian 30 Day Shred). Get up earlier to fit in an extra workout/run. Run long and hard at weekends/take kids with you/go for a hike as a family. All easy things. Change their lifestyle too.