I'm afraid when I lose weight...

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
That my cheekbones are gonna make me look like Cher -.- My profile picture is old, but I'm still100+ pounds overweight in it, and they already protrude! :laugh:

That, and I have to buy new clothes. I am SO cheap, so I really am not looking forward to that too much, haha.

What are some of the things you may not exactly be looking forward to about losing weight?

Replies

• BrooklynBeast
    Options
    I am afraid how much it will cost me at my tailor to take all of my suits in.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    looose skin :sad:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll have to go the surgical route to get my chest to shrink with the rest of me... 6 years ago I lost 125 lbs and my chest GREW 2 cup sizes!! While that sounds cool and all, it's uncomfortable and at this point I don't think I could find a bra in a 28DDDD LOL (not to mention the freaking things get in the way...)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I won't be as good at fighting or rugby anymore.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Loose skin. I know I'll have it, not looking forward to that part at all.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    I never really thought about it, actually. I suppose the number one thing I'm afraid of would be the amount of money I have to spend on new clothes.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That I'll start to look my age! I've always been told I look a lot younger than I am (41). Someone I know just lost nearly 40 pounds after starting at my starting weight and although her body looks great, her face has aged. Having said this. most people who post success photos on here look amazingly younger, but I think that could be because people often start wearing more fashionable clothes and have more confidence.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am afraid I will look old..sounds crazy but two people my age I know lost a lot of weight and suddenly they look old. Maybe they didn't do it right I don't know just do I do know the suddenly look old...That and loose skin on my belly and we are beyond broke so getting it fixed will never happen.. :(
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that when I lose weight, I'm going to shrink in the boob area :sad:
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    new clothes...ill feel bad having to donate all my old clothes that my family members have bought for me...specifically my grandma and my mom... and my fiancee may make fun of my strong/high cheekbones. im greek and they get very..prominent..he makes fun of people like that sometimes..hes definitely not a mean person..just thinks it looks funny when girls get too skinny...but even at a healthy weight they are still very much there
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I used to be afraid of the saggy skin lol...However after already losing a person in size thats already here. I no longer care...My focus is only on being healthy, happy, and whole...in Christ. I can tone it up by lifting weight which I will be incorporating sometime within the next month hopefully. If when I get to that point people dont like the sagginess of it all they dont have to look at me. Maybe just maybe, there wont be much sag when I get there who knows...I just know I refuse to live my life anymore out of fear.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes.
    Ive lost 50lbs already, and Im still wearing all the same clothes- they look terrible on me :p
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm with the loose skin people!!:bigsmile:
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    oh and im scarred for me 36C to get any smaller. they used to be a 36D/DD (inbetween sizes)..they already have shrunk one size for like..no reason.but oh well. my fiancee thinks they got bigger and that theyre a DD...okay cool. works for me. sure they got bigger!
  • Rachel_1986
    Rachel_1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    skin :( i watched a programme on sky last week, 45 stone virgin or something like that and he did so well to shed all the weight but he was left with loads of excess skin :\
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Cuz of my high cheekbones my face gets thin looking as well when I lose weight.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Like you I am afraid of having to buy new clothes (but I also look forward to being able to shop at the designer consignment stores and stores that normally would not have any clothing for me.

My pattern in the past is completely giving up after a bump in the road set me off track (getting injured in a car accident, having a close family member suddenly pass away). But now that I am mindful of the pattern I feel it will help me to deal with setbacks in the long run.
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes.
    Ive lost 50lbs already, and Im still wearing all the same clothes- they look terrible on me :p

Go reward yourself and buy some new clothes!! It will give you an extra boost! :)

You have earned it and deserve a few new pieces of clothing!!
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I already have some pretty deep stretch marks on my gut and back of my arms\pits and thighs., adding to that excess skin. Blegh!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That my cheekbones are gonna make me look like Cher -.- My profile picture is old, but I'm still100+ pounds overweight in it, and they already protrude! :laugh:

That, and I have to buy new clothes. I am SO cheap, so I really am not looking forward to that too much, haha.

What are some of the things you may not exactly be looking forward to about losing weight?

I think your cheekbones will look lovely. :) And clearance racks are your friend. I have refused to pay more than $5 for a shirt for about 5 years (unless it's a REALLY amazing shirt or a sweater, then I'll bump it to $10). Good times.

I'm already in my goal weight range, but I worry that my stomach is never going to look good no matter what I do. I've never liked it even when I was thin, and now it's all covered in stretch marks after having 2 large babies. I know the stretch marks will always be there, but I worry that the fat and flab will never go away.