URGENT Help! Eating out dilema!!!

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Seeing as 1 day of eating over maintenance is not a big deal as long as you get on track tomorrow, i'd get whatever you'd like.

I'd prob start with the lamb koftas, then get a small order of the braised rabbit pappardelle and for an entree i'd get the duck confit or pancetta wrapped pork and ice cream brownie for dessert
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Seeing as 1 day of eating over maintenance is not a big deal as long as you get on track tomorrow, i'd get whatever you'd like.

I'd prob start with the lamb koftas, then get a small order of the braised rabbit pappardelle and for an entree i'd get the duck confit or pancetta wrapped pork and ice cream brownie for dessert

you're just mean...LOL
  • lloydsgal
    Options
    The Spit Chicken with Lemon, Garlic, Thyme and Chips 11.95 but see if you can replace the chips with the garden salad. Perhaps go light on the bun and condiments.
  • michaeltoye
    Options
    i have to say, i wouldn't be happy with some of the advice here.

If there's one thing I have learned from weight loss, it's learning to love and look forward to smaller and/or healthier portions. Essentially, not to view a healthy diet as a gastronomic prison for what the heart/taste buds desire.

eat what you like and go back on the diet tomorrow? personally, i would be wary about letting this turn from the exception to the rule.

Sorry to bring a slightly negative view :(

edit: apologies if i have missed the point and some people are being tongue in cheek
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    At first glance I'd go with the sea Bass...let me keep looking
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    If this is URGENT, I'd hate to see you in a fire.
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    I agree with you completely! At only day 2 , to say "whatever, it's only 1 meal" is what made me slip off the wagon so many times. The first few days, weeks are so critical to have the will power to stick with it. She is SO right to look for the best options on the menu before getting there! Making a plan is an excellent idea. SOOOOO I stick with what I said, go Sea Bass, no dessert!!! Keep you willpower strong!
  • 1969San
    1969San Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Well forgive me, but I thought this was a friendly forum where I could ask advice? To me, it is urgent as I am extremely overweight and was looking for some positive help with what I consider to be a stressful situation. I don't want to let my friends down by turning down the invitation, and I don't want to make a big song and dance about me "being on a diet". Perhaps if I'd have entitled my post as Urgent Help, I'm on fire, maybe I would have had a more positive response from you?

To everyone else, many thanks again for your feedback
  • JLA1121
    Options
    Start with a salad and drink plenty of water, even before you go to the restaurant. It will fill you up. Avoid dessert and try to avoid appetizers. Also, choose a fish or chicken dish rather than a meat or pasta dish.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    to eat the minimum, I'd steer clear of cheese, sauces and batter. where I don't know the calorie count, I would not have meat or pizza either.

I would go for scallops and the grilled fish for main. fill up on vegetables. limit your alcohol.

This!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ask for the grilled Seabass Fillets and get it with a salad no dressing.

Pear salad with no cheese or nuts, dressing on the side (as for plain balsamic)
  • mariodispenza
    mariodispenza Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Well forgive me, but I thought this was a friendly forum where I could ask advice? To me, it is urgent as I am extremely overweight and was looking for some positive help with what I consider to be a stressful situation. I don't want to let my friends down by turning down the invitation, and I don't want to make a big song and dance about me "being on a diet". Perhaps if I'd have entitled my post as Urgent Help, I'm on fire, maybe I would have had a more positive response from you?

Agreed. Kb, did you think that the criticism would be helpful? Dealing with and overcoming these issues has much to do with education and confidence. Denigrating someone for reaching out doesn't inspire one to do so.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    It's just one night. Make the best choices you can, and move on. If you're seriously stressed, have a salad before you go, and then cut the meal in half and box the other half immediately before you eat.

^ this
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

I wish I could help. I live in NY. There is nothing there I would eat, I am sure you will make the right decision.
    [/quote

I'm not sure what this means...I also live in NY and I would say go for scallops or sea bass and/or salad, and avoid too much alcohol, because it lowers your inhibitions.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    to eat the minimum, I'd steer clear of cheese, sauces and batter. where I don't know the calorie count, I would not have meat or pizza either.

I would go for scallops and the grilled fish for main. fill up on vegetables. limit your alcohol.

I agree.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

I think you'll do fine. As for the criticism, I don't understand why people are so grumpy! All you've done is ask for help, which is how we all get by in life. Have fun tonight!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Have one of the salads and get the dressing on the side.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest one of the steaks without any butters/sauces (just grilled) with a side green salad in place of chips. Then you can just cut off the portion of steak you want (I've heard that using the palm of your hand is a good guage to get about 4 oz) and give the rest to anyone in your party that might want extra - or take home the extras and cut it up for a salad of your own the next day.

Otherwise? You could always eat a healthy salad before you go and just splurge on an appetizer or soup that catches your eye once you get there.

Also, instead of alcohol, order a sparkling water (if they have it) with a slice of lemon/lime and it'll feel like you're having a drink with everyone without feeling guilty later.

Good luck!!!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just eat beforehand, fill up on good veggies and fruits, etc, then just order a small appetizer or side dishes at the dinner instead. You don't have to order a full entree to enjoy the company of others. Or if you would, do as others have suggested and ask if they'll do something like accomodate you with grilled fish and steamed veggies, etc. Also, if it makes you feel better, go exercise a bit more today or tomorrow.

Eating out doesn't have to derail you :) Just plan for it, and enjoy it in the moment.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i have to say, i wouldn't be happy with some of the advice here.

If there's one thing I have learned from weight loss, it's learning to love and look forward to smaller and/or healthier portions. Essentially, not to view a healthy diet as a gastronomic prison for what the heart/taste buds desire.

eat what you like and go back on the diet tomorrow? personally, i would be wary about letting this turn from the exception to the rule.

Sorry to bring a slightly negative view :(

edit: apologies if i have missed the point and some people are being tongue in cheek

Completely agree with this post.