Diet Soda Cake?

Options

Replies

• mtperry9
    mtperry9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    May have to give this a go. Interesting.
  • efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the sugar free Pillsbury yellow cake and diet cream soda, delicious!
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas this weekend! :)
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If you want another 2-"ingredient", very easy cupcake mix but with some vitamin A:

One package cake mix (I use either spice cake or chocolate cake)
    one can pure pumpkin (if you're in Canada, I can only ever find the giant cans of pure pumpkin, which you need to divide in half).

Mix together, ignore all other ingredients. Cook as directed.

For the spice cake, I'll often add a bit more allspice to give it more of that pumpkin cake flavour. If you're making chocolate, you cannot taste the pumpkin.

YUM.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm making a cake for Memorial day party, white cake mix, diet sprite, and berries on the bottom......
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have made this cake before- White with diet sprite and cool whip and berries on the top.

Chocolate with diet coke- powdered sugar or cool whip on the top.

I have also made the chocolate cake with pumpkin- soooo good, but I recommend adding about a 1/4cup of water as well.
  • littleengine74
    Options
    This sounds delicious and easy, even for a non-baker like me!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned the fake-sweetener taste. I find that unbearable, so I just use regular pop. A regular coke has 140 calories or something. Divide that by 12 servings and it's only an extra 11 or so calories per serving without that fake taste.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you want another 2-"ingredient", very easy cupcake mix but with some vitamin A:

One package cake mix (I use either spice cake or chocolate cake)
    one can pure pumpkin (if you're in Canada, I can only ever find the giant cans of pure pumpkin, which you need to divide in half).

Mix together, ignore all other ingredients. Cook as directed.

For the spice cake, I'll often add a bit more allspice to give it more of that pumpkin cake flavour. If you're making chocolate, you cannot taste the pumpkin.

YUM.

I was just about to say this! I did it with spice cake, but I originally read about it being done with chocolate. It turned out really good. I'll have to try the diet soda thing!
  • franrussell
    Options
    Do you grease and flour the pan as you would for regular cake? No one mentions this, but I would hate to bake this and have it stick to the pan!
  • EmilyW36
    EmilyW36 Posts: 3
    Options
    How do you work out the calories?

E x
  • pbrenn
    pbrenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another really good 2 ingrediant cake is a can of crushed pineapple mixed into yellow cake mix and topped with light coolwhip!
  • alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yep trying this.
  • sn00py0673
    sn00py0673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once you have tried it with a can a soda , you wont want to make it withthe oil and egss. It is so light. You can do it with any kind of cake mix and diet soda.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've done the crushed pineapple with angel food cake, super yummy & light. And then I put a whipped cream type of icing on it.

I was planning on making a lemon cake in my bundt pan tomorrow with creamcheese / whipped cream icing. Do you think orange diet soda would be good or lemon lime?
  • lchristine5
    lchristine5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have made this before, but I made cupcakes. I used a vanilla cake mix base with a can of orange pop. It was more of an experiment just to see how they would turn out so I didn't go ahead and make a fancy icing. I just used just regular vanilla frosting on them & I brought them to my family. No one knew they were diet and they thought they tasted like creamsicles! Not bad :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a brain tumor waiting to happen. Baked diet soda??
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My friend made that once. It tasted fine. I cant imagine that it's good for you, though.
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    bump